• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I miss the old rpgs

XClown1986

Well it has been proven that attention spans continue to shorten as time goes on and the old rpgs were of the slower moving, but great storyline, variety. Games are much more in your face and faster now. Not much time to soak in the experience. I play newer games, but they don't stick like the older ones did. I guess I just miss that feeling when playing a great game...

Old RPGs were awesome except for the grinding. It seemed like every RPG from before the newest generation had some point built into the game where the difficulty level would go up a whole lot just to get an extra 10 hours of grinding gameplay.

FF3 was the poo though.

Space Quest too. I must have died a quintillion times on the 4th game.

Also Battletoads owns your face as far as difficulty.

Also I went back and played Symphony of the Night a couple years ago and could still enjoy it.

I put down FF3 every time I try to play back through it right before the ruined world.

Dragon Warrior 3 for NES. That's the ultimate in classic console rpgs.

FF12 wasnt too bad either the story was meh but the new gameplay was fun. I'm probably the only one in the world that liked it thoa

Archived