• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help! My Xbox360 game is scratched

Hotsauce

I was playing my xbox and was charging my controller as I was playing it. I accedintyl yanked the cord too hard (thats what she said), and actually pulled the xbox off its shelf and it fell about 3 inches onto the carpet floor. I really did not think that it hurt anything because it was not that high of a fall.

Anyway, my game will start playing (MW3), and it will let me go through all of the login & game set up screens. As soon as a match is about to begin an error message pops up on the screen saying that the disk is un readable, and that I need to clean it with a cloth and restart.

When I pulled my disk out, there is a dull ring around the back of the game. In other words, there is a perfect circle that formed. It is not a gash, and you cannot feel the scratch. See attached photo. I used a pen to show where the scratch was. My guess is that when the xbox fell, it somehow shook the disk enough to cause it to have hit an internal part of the disk drive to make a scratch.

photoqq.jpg

Can this be buffed out? I searched around, watched a few videos of people using toothpaste, chapstick, etc... I am not sure I want to risk a $60 game on chapstick...Any real remedies out there?

I used a microfiber cloth to try to rub it out (thats what she said) but that did not work.

Please, do explain how too do this...

step1: get game disc from friend.

step 2: turn on xbox 360 console

step 3: insert disc into disc tray

step 4: close disc tray

step 5: do not start game. if game starts automatically, hit the guide button and go back to xbox home

step 6: Press X (Game Details)

step 7: Move the left thumbstick to the right (to the box that says "install")

step 8: Press A

step 9: Wait until the bar fills up

step 10: Eject game

step 11: Put your scratched disc in the disc tray

step 12: Close disc tray

step 13: ???

step1: get game disc from friend.

step 2: turn on xbox 360 console

step 3: insert disc into disc tray

step 4: close disc tray

step 5: do not start game. if game starts automatically, hit the guide button and go back to xbox home

step 6: Press X (Game Details)

step 7: Move the left thumbstick to the right (to the box that says "install")

step 8: Press A

step 9: Wait until the bar fills up

step 10: Eject game

step 11: Put your scratched disc in the disc tray

step 12: Close disc tray

step 13: ???

Will do! Thanks!

sexy_hot_motivational_posters_3_16_RE_Random_awesome_pictures_about_boobs_and_hot_chicks-s500x570-93675.jpg

Archived