• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ROUND 1 - New Jersey (3) vs. Carolina (6)

ProfessorPeppers

Brody flipped a poo at the end of the game, gotta believe that the Canes messed with his mindset. After thinking they were going to Overtime, he allows an unthinkable goal like that. Great win though, Canes had to have that one.

wow, what a great night to be in the RBC Center

I couldnt agree more. We just got back into town and I'm still glowing over witnessing that in person.

I still can't stand the fact that when we get a lead Maurice lays up and tries not to lose, it ALWAYS ends up putting us (and any team that plays that way) in the worst position imaginable.

The crowd was absolutely ruckus tonight. I've been to many a Panther game, playoffs, opening game of the season, against the bucs, falcons, cowboys etc, but B.O.A stadium has never been as loud as the RBC is. If only 60% of our fans were as dedicated as Hurricane fans.

We are going again Sunday, I hope we can pull one out in Jersey and come back home with a chance to close them out. We got in Martys head tonight, and that almost never happens so hopefully that will give us an edge going into game 5. GO CANES!!!

He's a great goalie,...but....

Brodeur is a pussy. fug him!!! Canes win baby@@!!!!

Ok, I respect that fact that you're a Canes fan, and that you're stoked we won. And yes, he is a great goalie... BUT seriously, calling him a pussy??? Marty is probably the best goaltender who ever played, and tonight was one of the 4 or 5 times in his career I've seen him lose it. For you to call him a pussy shows that you either a) Don't respect his abilities and the way he has changed the game (I.E those cute little trapezoids behind the net) OR B) you just don't know much about hockey.

I hope it's the latter, because for an intelligent hockey fan to say that about Brodeur does nothing but make our fanbase look stupid. The guy has an upstanding attitude, never turns down an interview, never turns away a fan and first and foremost is an amazing hockey player AND person. He blew his lid, every player does it from time to time, especially when their defense plays as poorly as his did tonight. I'm hoping we got in his head, but with the kind of player he is we may have done nothing more than light a fire under his ass.

Show some respect fella, because I'm 100% sure you havent gone through 44 years of living without losing your lid from time to time. And don't throw me any $hit saying "the great ones never lose it"...thats poppycock, I've seen Wayne Gretzky get ejected from a game in Greensboro when he was with New York, and I'm sure no one was calling him a pussy afterwards.

He's a great goalie,...but....

Brodeur is a pussy. fug him!!! Canes win baby@@!!!!

He is a great goalie. I just think the way he acted at the end of the game was classless. It shows me that we are in his head. On thursday we just have to make him overwork them saves again. keep up the pressure.

Excellent win for the Canes. This is the kind of game that usually would kill a team, but the Canes found a way to win. If this game made it to overtime, I have no doubt that Carolina would lose...but since they found a way to win, this entire series has new life.

Archived