• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#6 LeBron James

King Taharqa

LOL at Lebron. 36 with 2 in the 4th quarter. Same ol' Bron

Lol... when he does this it's "Same ol Bron" "They won't get past the Bulls" then when he has games when he goes off in the 4th it's.... "meh, do it in the finals when it counts".... negative v negative either way.

He probably won't change in terms of clutchness (not sure that's a word..) if he hasn't already shown it. He is a great player, the best in the NBA. But it'd be best for him and the Heat to defer to Wade. He just doesn't have the "it" factor it takes in clutch time. He will hit his share of go ahead shots but not enough to take the ball away from Wade.

I almost feel he is afraid to fail and would rather pass it off. He should be able to drive on anyone in the closing seconds but he doesn't always do so.

Heat cant win relying just on Wade at the end of games. They will only go as far as King takes them. He already has game winners and clutch plays in the playoffs. Dudes act like Bron aint never hit no big shots or come up clutch. LOL.

And you act like he didn't completely fall apart when the lights were brightest and all eyes were on him last year in the Finals...:lol:

Heat cant win relying just on Wade at the end of games. They will only go as far as King takes them. He already has game winners and clutch plays in the playoffs. Dudes act like Bron aint never hit no big shots or come up clutch. LOL.

Can't speak for everyone but that's not I am saying, at least. I even acknowledged that he has the ability to hit game winners. But if you had to ask me, 'Which Heat do you want with the ball in their hands in crunch time?', you'd be silly not to choose Wade over LBJ. This is not saying Wade is a better basketball player than LBJ, it's just that Wade has the guts and bravado to take over. You can't always say that for LBJ who sometimes shies away from the game winner. I guess it's just part of his nature. And I think that's why he chose to go to Miami. He didn't want to feel like he was carrying the load. I think most would say that LBJ going to Miami put more pressure on him to win titles and he now has no excuses. Which is partly true, but I feel like he went there because he didn't want to fail on a team that was considered "his" (aka Cavs).

He's a great basketball player that on any night can go out and get you a triple double. But he has proven he plenty of occasions that he can't lead the charge when the right moves need to be made in crunch time.

But if you had to ask me, 'Which Heat do you want with the ball in their hands in crunch time?', you'd be silly not to choose Wade over LBJ. This is not saying Wade is a better basketball player than LBJ, it's just that Wade has the guts and bravado to take over.

After last night's game and near chokejob, this quote stands out with me. Can you tell me a "big game" or playoff series D Wade has won on clutch play within the past 6 years? Is there a game this season that Wade won jacking up shots at the end of the game while LeBron sat idly by and watches?

ap-201203151358502817881.2.jpg

"Nobody wants to be hated," (Dwight) Howard said at his Thursday media session. "I don't think LeBron wants to be hated, but he did what he felt was best for him. The way he did it could have been wrong, but he did what was best for him. And he has to live with it, just like me."

James was asked Friday if he was surprised Howard invoked his name.

"I think his situation is totally different from mine," James said. "Everyone keeps comparing all these guys' situations to mine. I fulfilled my contract in Cleveland. I was an unrestricted free agent, and I was a free agent. I could have done whatever I wanted to do; I could have signed back with the Cavs or leave.

"Dwight's situation is they were going down to the deadline. I mean, all these other guys going down trade deadline or getting traded, or saying they want to opt in or opt out, my situation is totally different from everyone else's. I think the best thing about him is he's happy. The organization is happy that he's staying and they can move on with their season. But none of their situations -- not Chris Paul, not Carmelo Anthony, not Dwight Howard -- none of their situations is like mine."

Wade said that it simply is how it is, that James is doomed to have such moments repeat themselves.

"In all fairness," Wade said, "he's the only one who went through free agency.

"But no matter what happens, we all know it comes back to LeBron. I was watching the Peyton Manning press conference. I love Peyton Manning, but I said, 'I guarantee you in five seconds it's going to come back to LeBron.' Right back to him, that's how you do a press conference. He understands that. It's just been a butt of any joke and if you want to make something seem a certain way, you go back to LeBron."

http://articles.orla...n-james-loyalty

The 2006 Finals he was everywhere averaging 35 points in the series.

I do remember that Indy game. O6 was a long time ago man. A lot of that was a bi-product of having Shaq & Zo in the paint. He hasnt performed anywhere near that level since in a playoff series. Its no doubt he's hit game winners and stepped up big at the end of games for that franchise. I just dont recollect any of that in the PLAYOFFS in the last 5 years or so. IMO, the Heat get themselves in bad spots when they try to force feed Wade into being the closer (ex: last night's game against Philly). They are at their best when LeBron is being agressive and forcing tempo.

Well you said the last 6 years, and the 06 Finals was less than 6 years. Yes, he hasn't had a repeat performance of that level but that could have a lot to do with the shoulder injury.

And really no team is really good when the force shots from one player. It has to come within the flow of the game for most players to be successful. But it just seems like LBJ shies away from the final shot or would rather pull up for a shot rather than playing to his strengths and drive. No one can guard him if he decides to drive. Wade at least seems like he is more assertive. Not saying Wade is a better player than LBJ, that'd be even more silly. I just don't know if LBJ's mental makeup is favorable to making the right decisions in the final seconds.

Archived