• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cougars >>> Hornets

King Taharqa

If they're going to spend 5mill + to complete the name change I imagine that it would be to get the Hornets back. I think to be able to honor our old Hornet players and bring them back sometime would be the coolest thing ever for me having been to many games at the hive. The merchandise sales would spike nationwide. The team store would have a throwback frenzy with LJ, Zo,Mugsy,Dell, etc.

Would MJ change for the sake of change itself probably not but to buy the Hornets he once played against, yes!

Man, to have that honeycomb court, Hugo, Super Hugo... That was a once great franchise, a lot of history there a lot of great memories.

That's what sports loyalty is about. That's mostly what's wrong with the NBA trying to rebrand in this area. All we ever wanted was OUR team, the love was there, the support will be there.

Man, to have that honeycomb court, Hugo, Super Hugo... That was a once great franchise, a lot of history there a lot of great memories.

That's what sports loyalty is about. That's mostly what's wrong with the NBA trying to rebrand in this area. All we ever wanted was OUR team, the love was there, the support will be there.

Exactly... When I see the Hornets logo, I immediately think of Baron Davis hitting a hook shot from 86 feet away, Eddie Robinson throwing down an alley OOP, the Hornets losing to a wild Vin Baker jump shot that bounced on the equipment seemingly forever, Glen Rice stroking threes, Eddie Jones finesse drives to the basket, Alonzo Mourning's clutch blocks.

When I see the Bobcats logo I only think Gerald Wallace is a respectable guy and want to watch a Trailblazers game instead.

If the Hornets were so great why cant they find a buyer? How many jerseys do they sell RIGHT NOW? Its a cursed franchise. The Cougars never abandoned us and were here before purple wasps.

It was a very good brand until the owner pile drove it into the ground. They (NBA) could handled this like the NFL did the Browns. They never took the name or the history away of the city and the NFL was soon welcomed back with open arms. The NBA made a big mistake and should fix it.

These Hornets aren't our Hornets.

i thought about this the other day. I think it would be cool to go carolina instead of charlotte.

It'll never be Carolina anything, not as long as they play in TW arena. The City of Charlotte paid for the arena and made specific point in the contract with the NBA that the team has to be called Charlotte and not Carolina.

Neither NC or SC stepped up to the plate to put money towards the arena, so I agree it shouldnt be called the Carolina anythings.

Charlotte Hornets is what this team needs to be called. Simple and plain.

Archived