• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes fans VS Panthers fans

ProfessorPeppers

B.O.A Stadium seats roughly 80,000. The RBC seats roughly 20,000. I have been to many a Panther game in my life, and NEVER....I repeat NEVER have I seen a Panthers crowd so amped or have I heard a Panthers crowd come anywhere near the level of noise I experienced tonight.

Thoughts anyone?:cornut:

Old huddle argument this one... I brought the same thing up after I went to a regular season Hurricanes game last year... the indoor atmosphere holds the noise in, but part of it is just that a lot of fans at Panther's game aren't "die hard" football fans and are just there to get drunk, hang out, hob knob with business people.

Yeah i went to my first canes game a couple of years ago. I don't like Hockey that much but the fans are awesome. Everyone wears red they all get into it. It was great. I'm really looking forward to making another trip Raleigh to see them play again. I get the Arena argument but i really felt the fans were a lot better then the Panther fans. Panthers games can get real boring at times. Everyone just sits in their seats and chats. Hockey they were all into the game. If i had a choice i would be at the Panther game before the Canes but their fans are great.

I think BOA stadium holds 72,300 or so ,Raleigh arena holds around 18 or 19,ooo ,but I can hear the Caniacs on my tv loud and clear.If I sit home and watch a home Panther game on tv,it's almost as quiet as a small college game :confused:!Don't get me wrong,I'm a huge Panther fan and I go to most home games even though I don't have a PSL,but many of the people who show up at the game disappoint me,especially when they give me dirty looks for making some 12th man noise:mad:!I would say only 25% of the people who show up at BOA stadium are real fans!It seems most of the people who go to the Canes games are die hard fans,I really need to drive 3 hours and start going to some games!

The canes have done a much better job of getting fans excited about the team. With all of there marketing, specials and auctually winning a championship have made better fans.

I think the panthers just need to do a little more to get fans excited about the team. One fan day a year just isnt enough for pro sports. The canes have at least three a year, plus they give stuff away at alot of games.

The canes have done a much better job of getting fans excited about the team. With all of there marketing, specials and auctually winning a championship have made better fans.

I think the panthers just need to do a little more to get fans excited about the team. One fan day a year just isnt enough for pro sports. The canes have at least three a year, plus they give stuff away at alot of games.

I think its more there isn't anything else to do in Raleigh. Its there only pro sports team. We in Charlotte are taking the Panthers and Bobcats for granted. When we got the Hornets we set the all time attendance record in the NBA. I think we had like 11 straight sold out years or something. Then we got the Panthers and people stopped liking Shinn and the Hornets. It will eventually fall off.

Football get more casual fans as Hockey has more true fans. Also the Canes does a excellent job of getting the fans into the games and keep them in it. From the music to the dancers it is a overall better production then the Panthers put out which get the fans into the game. Also helps that you have a puck and not paying attention to the game can get you hurt.

I think its more there isn't anything else to do in Raleigh. Its there only pro sports team. We in Charlotte are taking the Panthers and Bobcats for granted. When we got the Hornets we set the all time attendance record in the NBA. I think we had like 11 straight sold out years or something. Then we got the Panthers and people stopped liking Shinn and the Hornets. It will eventually fall off.

That isn't true at all. If anything, the Raleigh area actually has MORE going on in sports than Charlotte. Charlotte has the Panthers and Bobcats (and a few races a year), while Raleigh has college sports that are HUGE. NC State and UNC both sell out every football and basketball game. Charlotte doesn't really have that.

The simple fact is that the Canes have developed an arena experience that is fun and exciting. The Panthers have a stadium experience that has a great product, but very little extra. The music is terrible, they don't do anything exciting during commercial breaks, etc.

In a hockey game, you have non-stop action between the tv timeouts. In football, you have downtime between every snap, and the Panthers do NOTHING to rile the fans up during that time.

I've been to probably a hundred Hurricanes games and the experience is amazing. When I go to a Panthers game, I have a good time, but quite honestly, I almost enjoy watching the game as much on tv with my friends.

Archived