• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D-Will or Stewart trade?

klumme

How the hell do you guys figure we would get rid of Stewart before Deangelo?

what is this? I dont even-

Well we certainly can't trade DeAngelo...no one's gonna touch that contract. Stewart on the other hand has a market.

I like Tolbert, but not if we overpay and ESPECIALLY not if it means we lose Stewart. I can't imagine Stewart being third on the RB payroll.

Well we certainly can't trade DeAngelo...no one's gonna touch that contract. Stewart on the other hand has a market.

I like Tolbert, but not if we overpay and ESPECIALLY not if it means we lose Stewart. I can't imagine Stewart being third on the RB payroll.

Dude, Stewart is our running back of the future. Dwill can get cut for all I care.

Since when do we NEED to trade either one anyways? Am I missing something?

Dude, Stewart is our running back of the future. Dwill can get cut for all I care.

Well that may be your thoughts but it certainly isn't happening...we made a large commitment to him and he just had a productive season, highly doubtful we just cut him for nothing. I agree Stewart is the best option for us long term, but I think the odds of him leaving the team are greater than DeAngelo's.

Since when do we NEED to trade either one anyways? Am I missing something?

Maybe you're not talking to me here, but if so, that's not what I was getting at. You just made the comment about getting rid of one over the other, so naturally a trade made the most sense as far as "getting rid" of one of them because, at this point with their levels of productivity, neither of them should just be cut outright.

Well that may be your thoughts but it certainly isn't happening...we made a large commitment to him and he just had a productive season, highly doubtful we just cut him for nothing. I agree Stewart is the best option for us long term, but I think the odds of him leaving the team are greater than DeAngelo's.

My point is, if we are ever in a position where we have to get rid of one of them, the team would more likely cut Deangelo before they trade Stewart. You don't trade a 24 year old top-tier running back who hasn't peaked and is as versatile and important to our offense as Stewart in favor of keeping our 30 year old one-dimensional running back or getting draft picks.

Maybe you're not talking to me here, but if so, that's not what I was getting at. You just made the comment about getting rid of one over the other, so naturally a trade made the most sense as far as "getting rid" of one of them because, at this point with their levels of productivity, neither of them should just be cut outright.

nah, not talking to you there. I just got that vibe from reading this thread.

Tolbert is looking to get paid like Sproles. With D-Wills contract and Stewart FA after the season we wont have them all back. So we could move Stewart now and get something for him know instead of nothing next year.

Tolbert is looking to get paid like Sproles. With D-Wills contract and Stewart FA after the season we wont have them all back. So we could move Stewart now and get something for him know instead of nothing next year.

Stewart is waiting patiently for his pay day. We would cut Dwill before trading Stewart. No amount of draft picks are worth getting rid of our running back of the future. We're not going to let him walk.

I didn't mean to thank you. :o

Enough said. Don't konw whyt i am typing. It is sacredlidgeaous to talk about trading one of "Double Troubel" But i would like to trade D-Will. Mentioned months ago that i kinda hoped Ol' Foxy wanted to reunite with him in Hile Migh City. Dwill's contract is likely very mngmt friendly, we have received a discount. 21 million guarateed is a small price to pay for what DeAngelo has done on the field. And most importantly what he can still do. Gauge the interest at least. Would love to move back into the top of the third. There is gonna be some guys hangingaround that would make an INSTANT IMPACKT. Whatever, Happy St. PAtricks weeknd.

Archived