• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giving us our Name back will affect the connection that the fans feel with this team, It would restore the atmosphere at the arena (SHOULD STILL BE THE HIVE). This historical team name bleeds the determination and free will that Charlotte area locals have, as well as pays tribute to those that helped make this Country free. At this point the NAME WILL BE AVAILABLE according to multiple sources since NEW ORLEANS doesn't want that name since it doesn't connect with their community.

IT will affect play at home games when you have win ravenous fans completely pumped like we used to be, and even before we were winning we were crazy in love with our Hornets. The costs would be surpassed in the first year with ticket, merchandise, as well as the publicity that the nostalgia affect would have. Just the initial burst of sales would surpass the costs and make the team a profit. It pumps up the the players since they will notice the fans energy and that in itself would be worth a few wins itself. It would turn into one of the toughest arenas to play in and it would truly be the HIVE again. Also there are two hornets nests on the Charlotte city emblem.

I was following the other threads were some arguing was going on but in light of New Orleans announcing a rebrand is a must, and the strong showing the we BEElievers showed on Friday night, Is anyone else pumped as much as I am about buying 2013 Charlotte Hornets Tickets!!!

I wanted to comment on the thread about this, but it was locked in addition here is a few links to update this topic

http://www.wbtv.com/story/17299318/fans-push-to-bring-hornets-name-back-to-charlotte#.T3cl7cdNDQU.facebook

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/03/league_reportedly_considering.html

I am completely happy with whatever name the team is..but if jordan is bleeding money like he says he is..a rebrand might be in his best interest financially. The cost to switch will be made back quickly.

If the team was renamed the Hornets, attendance would double and the city would go bonkers for the franchise. Period.

If the team was renamed the Hornets, attendance would double and the city would go bonkers for the franchise. Period.

Yeah I agree...all the marketing and promotional potential would be insane. Merch sales would sky rocket..

Exactly The merch sales would sky rocket, and the atmosphere would electric. It actually may serve as the best money spent for the franchise considering 10 mill isn't as much as a max contract for likes of the nba's elite. I am personally excited about it and if I don't get season tickets I know I will buy atleast a dozen pairs or so a season, and I live in Mooresville....One of those commuters :) Mr. TD I agree with everything you have stated in this thread as well as the one that was locked. Bring back the Buzz!!! Mullens is a great prospect and one of the core pieces that should be worked with because at worst he would still be in a great 8 man rotation. And he would look good next to Anthony Davis.

Exactly The merch sales would sky rocket, and the atmosphere would electric. It actually may serve as the best money spent for the franchise considering 10 mill isn't as much as a max contract for likes of the nba's elite. I am personally excited about it and if I don't get season tickets I know I will buy atleast a dozen pairs or so a season, and I live in Mooresville....One of those commuters :) Mr. TD I agree with everything you have stated in this thread as well as the one that was locked. Bring back the Buzz!!! Mullens is a great prospect and one of the core pieces that should be worked with because at worst he would still be in a great 8 man rotation. And he would look good next to Anthony Davis.

Mullens is a good prospect.

This isn't going to happen. Atleast anytime soon. Rebranding would cost hundreds of millions that the Bobcats do not have. We will be stuck with the crappy Bobcats for a long time. But all that matters to me is the product that is on the court. If we have a good team I wouldnt care if we were called the penis'

I want us to be a better team as well, I just prefer the name that we originally had. Again, it would be weird to see the Baltimore Browns vs. the Cleveland Rockers(or whatever name they found).

Archived