• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Be In Cap Trouble In 2013 Too?

Ken

2014 Falcons = $4.38 million per player

2014 Buccs = $3.8 million per player

2014 Saints = $4.38 million per player

2014 Panthers = $4.50 million per player

Stats can be manipulated to prove a point, at the end of the day we are all pretty much in the same boat other than the Buccs. But then the Buccs have half the talent as all the other teams.

If you add in Bree's long-term contract, assuming he signs, which will likely be 20 million a year, the Saints will actually be above us.

FWIW I think JR basically told Hurney to re-sign D-Will no matter what. Same with Kalil/Johnson/Beason/Davis

I also have a theory that Kasay was released partly b/c of the lockout and him being the player rep.

Only moves I don't think JR directly influenced was the Trade for Olsen, that said he did approve it.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/08/2514083/big-cat-happy-with-offseason.html#ixzz1Udevdldj

Richardson: "Marty said, 'I'm reluctant to bring this (acquiring Olsen) up because we talked about keeping our own players.' I said, 'Marty we'd be crazy not to do this. We (can) take a 26-year-old tight end we coveted coming out of the draft.' "

Archived