• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Be In Cap Trouble In 2013 Too?

Ken

Per Pat Yasinskas link

The Carolina Panthers already have $118 million committed toward the 2013 salary cap and that’s with only 42 players under contract. Only four teams have more cap room committed to 2013 than the Panthers; Philadelphia leads the league with $134 million committed to 45 players. And remember: The Panthers haven’t even drafted their 2012 rookies yet. Once they draft and sign those guys, they’ll be over the projected salary cap.

I think guys like Smitty will definitely restructure their contracts this season.

Maybe come 2013 it won't be much of an issue but found it interesting.

Per Pat Yasinskas link

I think guys like Smitty will definitely restructure their contracts this season.

Maybe come 2013 it won't be much of an issue but found it interesting.

Smitty is a free agent after this season

My patience level with Hurney and his handling of these recent extensions and signings is growing VERY VERY thin.

From the Peppers FT failure to where the money is currently spent is annoying to say the least.

Fortunately all the Playoff success the last few years makes it all worth it. :rolleyes:

Just a couple of weeks ago, we were in cap trouble. Now we're a good 2-3 million under the cap and will be around 7-8 million under the cap in June when Wharton's cap hit is officially gone.

We'll be fine.

If you arent getting better, you are getting worse.

Which explains why the Steelers have gotten so much worse these past couple of seasons. Gotcha.

Also, we've already brought in a bunch of people to improve our special teams and Reggie Smith was going to start for San Francisco prior to getting injured. We've definitely improved on the merit alone. Just because we don't bring in high priced free agents like Tampa Bay doesn't mean squat. I'd rather do what we're doing, a successful formula, than doing what Tampa Bay has done which hardly ever works out.

Archived