• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

What exactly are your arguments based on?

1. I don't feel entitled to tell Michael Jordan how to spend his money or run his franchise.

2. The Hornets name sucks, the colors suck, the mascot sucks, and anyone old enough remembers people bitching about how gay it was when it was announced. Even the dumbasses in New Orleans realize how bad the name is, but for some reason a bunch of 20 somethings in Charlotte can't figure it out.

3. Charlotte walked away from the Hornets, not the other way around. They stopped supporting the team and everyone over the age of 25 at the time was glad to see them go.

4. I don't want anymore of Shinn's trash on my doorstep.

5. I support the Charlotte BOBCATS even when they're 7-10000.

6. Clicking a button to vote yes is a lot easier than putting your money where your mouth is. Where is the donation button to help purchase the Hornets brand and bring it back from New Orleans? I refuse to get behind ar "grassroots" tea party/occupy movement where everyone gives lip service but no one is actually willing to sacrifice anything of their own to make it happen.

7. I want the Charlotte Flight for a name. Much more appropriate.

8. Black Panthers don't even exist, but our football team is named after one! Bobcats however do exist and are abundant in the North Carolina mountains.

9. I don't care for nostalgia or decisions based on emotion. There were no "good old days". We never made it past the 2nd round.

10. The only place Hugo should be dancing is at the Scorpio's drag show every Wednesday night, free draft! (cuz i'm such a homophobe that i get drunk at drag shows. now you know where to come find me if you want me)

There's no point teeray... Let KT live in his bubble all by himself.

All the arguments I got in last year over wanting Cam as our QB (in which race WAS a factor in some of those), all the issues I agreed with KT on and argued in favor of KT, and so many other things of similar substance (Michael Vick's comeback comes to mind) I've strongly stood up against covert and overt racism on, and this is what you get.

Either KT knows this isn't about race or he's delusional. Either way, you aren't going to reason with him and he doesn't even owe you the benefit of the doubt, nor kindness and respect. He is an internet badass.

And don't forget, you apparently can't forge any kind of friendship with anyone over an internet message board, so don't count on that either. As soon as you see things differently from KT, you get tossed into the racist pile. You like fudge poptarts? I like wild cherry. You're racist.

i disagreed with KT plenty when he would post things like "JR would never draft a black QB to start for the panthers"

you guys are right

the "IT WAS SO COOL WHEN MY STEPDAD TOOK ME TO A GAME WHEN I WAS 10" argument is much better than anything i could ever come up with so i'm on the charlotte hornets bandwagon now!

yay!

maybe we can get matt geiger to come out of retirement and play center!

championship!

Matt Geiger reference ftw! used to love that guy!

geiger.jpg

When the Bobcats, came Shinn still controlled the Hornets therefore it was never a viable option. Totally beside the point anyway when the owner rocks the vote and chooses his name.

Sounds like revisionist history to me.....the city and casual fans basically told the Hornets "good riddance" and couldn't care less about bringing back the name at the time the new franchise was being formed. All the nostalgia is masking the fact that thing weren't so rosy when the Hornets were here. It seems like the movement is more about hate for the Bobcats than love for the Hornets, and is being driven by one horrid season (which almost everyone in here agreement as little as 12 months ago was supposed to be part of MJ's plan to destroy and rebuild).

The Hornets have been giving back to our community the last 10 years.

Edited for bullsh*t.

This line was hilarious though... If they have, then they have done it 4 years longer than Bobscats.

due to some regrettable moves, including a 2008 decision by former owner Robert Johnson to lay off the entire community relations staff. They were the ones responsible for coordinating team donations, community service projects and other acts of kindness.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

That's not even including the numerous other times he alienated the fanbase... Kicking the team out for month long road trips so his daughter can use the arena as her doll house to ride horsies in. C-SET. Insulting the community in interviews. Not asking the community for the name they wanted to begin with. Treating the franchise like a weekend toy rather than an actual business. The list goes on.

But, you can keep telling your fairy tale of how he saved Charlotte and brought us pro basketball, despite the fact that there were numerous other groups bidding specifically to bring basketball back to the Charlotte market. If he didn't, others would, and probably wouldn't have turned the franchise to sh*t in their first two years or named the team after themselves, but rather something related to the region.

Man, what a saint, that Bob Johnson.

Only people being disrespected are THE TRUE FANS, not you victimized, pity party throwing, Bob Johnson loyalists. You're not a Charlotte fan. You aren't a Bobcats fan. You're a Bob Johnson fan.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com

1. I don't feel entitled to tell Michael Jordan how to spend his money or run his franchise.

2. The Hornets name sucks, the colors suck, the mascot sucks, and anyone old enough remembers people bitching about how gay it was when it was announced. Even the dumbasses in New Orleans realize how bad the name is, but for some reason a bunch of 20 somethings in Charlotte can't figure it out.

3. Charlotte walked away from the Hornets, not the other way around. They stopped supporting the team and everyone over the age of 25 at the time was glad to see them go.

4. I don't want anymore of Shinn's trash on my doorstep.

5. I support the Charlotte BOBCATS even when they're 7-10000.

6. Clicking a button to vote yes is a lot easier than putting your money where your mouth is. Where is the donation button to help purchase the Hornets brand and bring it back from New Orleans? I refuse to get behind ar "grassroots" tea party/occupy movement where everyone gives lip service but no one is actually willing to sacrifice anything of their own to make it happen.

7. I want the Charlotte Flight for a name. Much more appropriate.

8. Black Panthers don't even exist, but our football team is named after one! Bobcats however do exist and are abundant in the North Carolina mountains.

9. I don't care for nostalgia or decisions based on emotion. There were no "good old days". We never made it past the 2nd round.

10. The only place Hugo should be dancing is at the Scorpio's drag show every Wednesday night, free draft! (cuz i'm such a homophobe that i get drunk at drag shows. now you know where to come find me if you want me)

What I got from all this is your okay with a name change you just don't want the Hornets name back because it's "gay", Hugo's "gay" and the colors are "gay". Got it! That is not a decision based on emotion at all. :rolleyes:

Archived