• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams gets an earful from Fox for TD; Will not give up Smash and Dash just yet

Sword

Wasn't no mistake

It was a revenge game, and a messenger sender

Hell fox on. Did he not see all the unsportsmanlike penalties on the bucs when they beat us. they was dancing and making a mockery out of us on that day. so instead of getting back at them like that, we run the score up literally

If he went down, we would have had the their team by the neck even tighter. Eat the clock up and don't give them another chance for possession. But I liked seeing him score. Will say that my first thought was - we left too much time on the clock.

As much as I despise Garcia, I will admit that he is a dangerous QB with enough time. I'm like you, I enjoyed seeing him score AGAIN on Tampa's vaunted defense, but the smarter move would be to go down.

If he went down, we would have had the their team by the neck even tighter. Eat the clock up and don't give them another chance for possession. But I liked seeing him score. Will say that my first thought was - we left too much time on the clock.

My first thought was "HELL YEAH!"

Talk about blowing something out of proportion. Fox was clearly not that upset. He was just telling Williams that it would have been better if the layed down. He was smiling the whole time so I am pretty sure this isn't worth a big discussion about.

Thats pretty much the same impression I got of it too.

I bet Fox would have really given him an earful if DWill would have sat on it and on the next play we get a bad snap or fumble, Tampa picks it up, runs it for a touchdown, gets the 2 point conversion, does an on-sides kick, gets the ball back and kicks a field goal to win the game.

but thats just my opinion

There was a lot riding on that game. You can't really blame him for wanting to do whatever it takes to secure a win. This was just a 15 second conversation after the play reminding him what he should have done. Falling down in bounds would have been the wiser decision, but I'll take that huge touchdown any day though. ;)

Williams left TB some time on the clock, but in doing so he stepped on their neck. I am glad that he went for the kill and I hope that he is always a back that thinks the touchdown is the only option. As GTG said, Fox has a lot of room to hassle anyone about poor clock management.

And risk the chance for a fumble?

No unh, you take the points.

That was THE BEST part of the night!!! COME ON FOXY!!!

"That basically would have allowed the Panthers to run almost all of the final 2:07 on the clock and kick a field goal."

What if Kasay missed or the Bucs blocked it and scooped it up for a TD, got the 2 pts, and won in OT?

I say, screw it, score the f'n TD if you got it...duh...

"Delhomme weighed in on the situation saying Williams and Stewart should be nicknamed “Penn and Teller” after the Las Vegas magicians because one of them talks all of the time like Williams and the other one is more reserved like Stewart."

....boys...we have our nickname :-)

Archived