• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

I think they're referring to the one about Jeyne Westerling being an imposter based on her first being described with wide hips, and then Jaime later describing her with slender hips. Elio and Linda have always gotten really uppity (as they are prone to do) about that theory for some reason, insisting it's just a fact-checking mistake.

On the Hound = Azor Ahai theory...

Basically, it is one of the more far fetched ones, but The Hound would provide some pretty harsh irony in that he's terrified of fire, he was "reborn" in the Saltpans when the Brave Companions found his helm and donned it to go on a raping/pillaging spree... There's hints by the priest that Brienne encounters that Sandor Clegane is indeed dead, but that the man that carried that name once might not be...

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Is_Sandor_dead

The part about him being AA is the irony of the fear of fire, paired with "dying" and being reborn in the Saltpans (the prophecy from Mel says reborn amidst salt and smoke)...

I don't buy it, really... I was somewhat jokingly hopeful that AA would be the Hound..

I think they're referring to the one about Jeyne Westerling being an imposter based on her first being described with wide hips, and then Jaime later describing her with slender hips. Elio and Linda have always gotten really uppity (as they are prone to do) about that theory for some reason, insisting it's just a fact-checking mistake.

Other reactionary takes on it were:

Tyrion not being a half Targaryen

Jeyne not being pregnant with Robb's child

I need to re-read the chapter tonight.

But wasn't Salt and Smoke mentioned when Jon got stabbed?

His wounds were "smoking" and he tasted or smelled Salt?

Found the exerpt:

Jon twisted from the knife, just enough so it barely grazed his skin. He cut me. When he put his hand to the side of his neck, blood welled between his fingers. “Why?”

“For the Watch.” Wick slashed at him again. This time Jon caught his wrist and bent his arm back until he dropped the dagger. The gangling steward backed away, his hands upraised as if to say, Not me, it was not me.

Men were screaming. Jon reached for Longclaw, but his fingers had grown stiff and clumsy. Somehow he could not seem to get the sword free of its scabbard.

Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. “For the Watch.” He punched Jon in the belly. When he pulled his hand away, the dagger stayed where he had buried it.

Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger’s hilt and wrenched it free.

In the cold night air the wound was smoking. “Ghost,” he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold

So no salt, but "smoke".

I need to re-read the chapter tonight.

But wasn't Salt and Smoke mentioned when Jon got stabbed?

His wounds were "smoking" and he tasted or smelled Salt?

Yeah my real theory is that it is Jon... but that's almost too expected for GRRM to make it so... so I don't really know...

His wounds smoked, the tears were streaming by one of the NW guys involved (can't remember atm), the guy with the star sigil was being ripped apart by the giant...

Also, the fact that Mel basically told Stannis at one point that every time she looked for the answer all she saw was Snow... Snow with a capital S in the book text...

Archived