• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 NHL Offseason/Free Agency

DirtyMagic97

Parise was a def no after the Staal trade. I was rooting for Schultz, but knew we maybe had a 5% shot.

Semin would still be a great pickup. Yeah, our D will still be a handful for Ward and Peters, but our already good offense will be elite IMO.

Semin is a no for the Canes, Chip Alexander already said that the Canes have no interest. It has something to do with him being a lazy Russian bastard lol.

The names Tracy and Alexander keep throwing out there are Wellwood and Nash.

Sign Wellwood and trade Jokinen, McBain, Murphy, 2013 1st for Nash

Nash - J. Staal - E. Staal

Skinner - Wellwood - Tlusty

LaRose - Welsh - Ruutu

Nodl - Brent - Dwyer

Stewart

Gleason - Faulk

Corvo - Harrison

Sanguinetti - Pitkanen

CanesVision retweeted a tweet that reported that the Hurricanes have been added to Nash's approved list.

Take that for what it's worth, because that same twitter account said that Carle was signing with Detroit by noon today and now Carle is closing in on signing with Tampa Bay.

If Nash has added the Canes to his approved list, I expect he will end up here.

Semin is a no for the Canes, Chip Alexander already said that the Canes have no interest. It has something to do with him being a lazy Russian bastard lol.

The names Tracy and Alexander keep throwing out there are Wellwood and Nash.

Sign Wellwood and trade Jokinen, McBain, Murphy, 2013 1st for Nash

Nash - J. Staal - E. Staal

Skinner - Wellwood - Tlusty

LaRose - Welsh - Ruutu

Nodl - Brent - Dwyer

Stewart

Gleason - Faulk

Corvo - Harrison

Sanguinetti - Pitkanen

I know this lacks depth, but that is one heck of a first line that you can build around for years to come.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/rick-nash-derby-red-wings-interest-causes-stir-142122271--nhl.html

The Dispatch today confirmed that the Pittsburgh Penguins are on Nash's approved list and have been from the start. The list, then, as we know it: Detroit, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose.

This is the same list Nash presented the Blue Jackets last winter, but there have been hints lately of a willingness on Nash's part to expand it, perhaps for Carolina.

More people thinking Nash will add Carolina to his approved list. If he does, we will make a big run at him.

If Nash adds us to the list, he is coming here; there is no doubt about it in my mind.

People on hockeysfuturue and hfboards seem to think that the Canes have presented the best offer to Columbus but since we haven't been added to his approved list yet, no deal has been made.

So in reality, Columbus is just waiting until Nash adds the Hurricanes to the approved list so they can get the deal done.

My guess would be Jokinen, McBain, Murphy, and a 2013 1st (You could possibly switch out McBain or Murphy for Rask).

Archived