• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(rumors) Charlotte Bobcats - Clevland Cavs

carolina-chuck

thats what im hoping for. its not NFL either having 4 rooks on the roster is already 33% of the roster. then add kemba and biz thats 6 young guys, 50% of the roster. we do need some experience on the roster. 6 rooks just wont work

Four rooks works well for me as well.

I really think moving out of the top ten would be a huge mistake.

HoopsHype updates for the day

Charlotte isn’t the only upper-echelon team that’s fielding calls for its premium pick. So is Washington , which has the third pick. Several teams covet the Wizards’ third pick in order to draft either Kansas power forward Thomas Robinson or Florida shooting guard Brad Beal Racine Journal-Times

Cleveland wants Beal and has offered the No. 4 pick and either the 33rd or 34th pick to Charlotte for the No. 2 pick, which would allow the Cavs to jump ahead of Washington and land the Florida guard. The hangup is that Charlotte, not in love with anyone available at No. 2, wants Cleveland's 24th pick. Cleveland also has had conversations with Sacramento (No. 5) and Golden State (No. 7), but the Charlotte deal makes the most sense and sources say there is enough momentum and desire on both sides to get it done. The Bobcats like Robinson and Barnes, and at least one of them will be available at No. 4; if Cleveland got Beal with the second pick, Washington might take Barnes at No. 3, sources said.CBSSports.com

New Charlotte coach Mike Dunlap says the idea of trading down from the No. 2 spot in the NBA draft to acquire extra picks "makes a lot of sense" for a young team like the Bobcats. After finishing 7-59 and with the worst winning percentage (.106) in NBA history, the Bobcats have a variety of holes to fill this offseason. Dunlap recognizes that. Cleveland Plain Dealer

That's one of the reasons he said the Bobcats are taking a "hybrid thinking" approach to Thursday night's draft, which means evaluating the talent available at No. 2 while simultaneously looking into the feasibility of moving down and picking up an additional first-round draft pick. He said the option of trading down "is on the board." "I think anybody in our situation would have that on the board," Dunlap said. "(Our) people are very smart up top. So options and thinking of your variables is a very smart thing to do." Cleveland Plain Dealer

Who do the Bobcats take at two if not Beal? One source familiar with their thinking says they’re leaning toward Kansas power forward Thomas Robinson. If that’s the case, Kentucky small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist could drop all the way to No. 5. But the Bobcats could also take him at No. 2, a source said. FOXSportsOhio

Continued

Not coincidentally on Monday, the Bobcats auditioned two of the best shooters in college basketball last season – guards Kim English from Missouri and John Jenkins from Vanderbilt. English (6-foot-6 and 192 pounds) raised his 3-point percentage from 37 percent as a junior to 46 percent as a senior. Jenkins (6-4, 212 pounds) was the best 3-point shooter in Vanderbilt history, averaging 44 percent over three college seasons. Charlotte Observer

The Bobcats could use the No. 2 overall pick on a shooter, such as North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes or Florida’s Bradley Beal. But if they go with a big man at No. 2, such as Kansas’ Thomas Robinson, the logical use of the 31st pick is a player like English or Jenkins. Charlotte Observer

Tyrone Bogues: “It’s more important to get involved with the community. No matter what the name is, you’ve got to engage and make sure people know who they are. About the Hornets, the town knew us, they knew our families and knew what we were about. A lot of these guys (the Bobcats players) you don’t know much about.” Charlotte Observer

So basically, no one knows who we are picking or what we are doing.

Fantastic.

thats what im hoping for. its not NFL either having 4 rooks on the roster is already 33% of the roster. then add kemba and biz thats 6 young guys, 50% of the roster. we do need some experience on the roster. 6 rooks just wont work

They cant get any worse.

I love all the internet GMs on here over-thinking everything.

Also, I don't think the Bobcats are going to try to hard to get too many free agents and overpay them. We are going to go through another horrible season and try to develop all the young guys on the team and try to get another top pick in a draft that should be pretty loaded next season.

The Bobcats brought in Dunlap to develop younger players, so why would they be concerned with a lot of rookies? Just because it's unconventional?

I'm going to be pissed if Washington ends up picking Barnes. Then I'm going to select Washington as one of the teams whose games I always get to watch instead of the plodding Bobcats with Robinson.

The Bobcats brought in Dunlap to develop younger players, so why would they be concerned with a lot of rookies? Just because it's unconventional?

I'm going to be pissed if Washington ends up picking Barnes. Then I'm going to select Washington as one of the whose games I always get to see instead of the Bobcats.

Barnes is coming up on ESPN Draft Special if you are near a TV.

Answering questions from Skip Bayless, Chad Ford, and Stephen A. Smith.

Archived