• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lock In Your Picks for #4, #24, #31, #33

chknwing

And when Plumlee gets drafted and turns out to be nothing more than a role player or worse, then what?

I'd love to know why you think Plumlee will be a good NBA player?

It can't be because he's an unbelievable scorer, Plumlee only scored in double figures eight times out of 34 games.

His footwork is poor and his post moves are horrid and he rarely uses his left hand. Plumlee is at his best when he is in a face-up to the basket role where he has the option to drive or shoot.

He does however excel at rebounding (something the Bobcats need), however so does Bernard James from Florida State who is also slated to be picked around the same spot as Plumlee.

And when Plumlee gets drafted and turns out to be nothing more than a role player or worse, then what?

I'd love to know why you think Plumlee will be a good NBA player?

It can't be because he's an unbelievable scorer, Plumlee only scored in double figures eight times out of 34 games.

His footwork is poor and his post moves are horrid and he rarely uses his left hand. Plumlee is at his best when he is in a face-up to the basket role where he has the option to drive or shoot.

He does however excel at rebounding (something the Bobcats need), however so does Bernard James from Florida State who is also slated to be picked around the same spot as Plumlee.

And what is wrong with that? We need role players as well on this team. He could be a 10 -12 year role player and that's real good for a 2nd round pick. At no point did I say he can come in and start.

All I want is his rebounding and tough play for 8-10 min a game. How about getting somebody who is better then Diop fat ass? I know he won't air ball 20 FT a year and can add something on the offense end.

Then you bring up Benard James who's like 27 years old. I rather get a the younger more athletic player.

Could he never develop into a Kris Humpfries, Marcin Gortat or Collison type of defender and rebounder?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Miles-Plumlee-5261/

Where Plumlee does thrive and where he can clearly contribute in the NBA is with his tenacity around the basket, particularly grabbing offensive rebounds and finishing. He was the third best offensive rebounder per 40 minutes pace adjusted in our database and on film, he looks to have a nose for the ball while playing a relentless and aggressive style of basketball. While he's primarily a positional rebounder, he has solid hands and the strength and athleticism to bring the ball straight up and to finish in traffic.

Outside of his offensive rebounding prowess, the another interesting wrinkle to Plumlee's game are the brief flashes (just six attempts all season) that he has shown as a spot-up shooter from mid-range, particularly given his comfort operating out of the pick-and-roll. He already sets very good screens and rolls hard to the basket, which is an asset given the predominance of pick-and-roll sets in NBA playbooks. His shooting mechanics need significant work, as his shooting touch isn't great and he spots a slow release with a bit of a hitch, but if he is able to develop in this area, he would have a much better chance of carving out a role in an NBA rotation.

Though his offensive game is still a work in a process, Plumlee improved as a defender during his senior year. His lateral quickness is above average for a player his size, and his increased strength and explosiveness could allow him to play solid post defense in a pinch coming off bench in the NBA. He did a much better job of staying out of foul trouble as a senior, averaging a career low 4.3 fouls per 40 minutes pace adjusted in increased minutes and while posting a career best 1.8 blocks per 40 minutes pace adjusted. It should also be mentioned that Plumlee is a good defensive rebounder, ranking 12th amongst college players in our top-100 rankings.

It's crazy I have to explain a 2nd round pick.

#4. SF - Harrison Barnes

#24. C/PF - Festus Ezeli - Jared Sullinger - Fab Melo

#31. SG - John Jenkins - Kim English

#33. SG/PG - Jared Cunningham

OR

#4. PF - Thomas Robinson

#24. SG/PG - Tony Wroten

#31. SG - John Jenkins/Kim English/Jared Cunningham

#33. SF - Jae Crowder

This has NOTHING to do for my hatred of dook, but Miles Plumlee will not be a good NBA player.

Mason on the other hand..I think he has a very solid NBA career if Coach K hasnt ruined him. I swear that dude would be on fire last season and K would have the guys start jacking 3's.

And what is wrong with that? We need role players as well on this team. He could be a 10 -12 year role player and that's real good for a 2nd round pick. At no point did I say he can come in and start.

All I want is his rebounding and tough play for 8-10 min a game. How about getting somebody who is better then Diop fat ass? I know he won't air ball 20 FT a year and can add something on the offense end.

Then you bring up Benard James who's like 27 years old. I rather get a the younger more athletic player.

I'm going under the assumption that everyone believes that Byron Mullens and Gana Diop are the only centers on the current roster.

I like Bismack Biyombo, but not at center; power forward is really the position he excels at.

Byron Mullens, to me; is not a starter. He is a very good role player but nothing more, due to his lack of a post game. If the Bobcats want a center, they need to draft Ezeli or Melo; or just sign one in free agency.

Mullens, Plumlee, and Diop isn't going to get the job done.

I'm going under the assumption that everyone believes that Byron Mullens and Gana Diop are the only centers on the current roster.

I like Bismack Biyombo, but not at center; power forward is really the position he excels at.

Byron Mullens, to me; is not a starter. He is a very good role player but nothing more, due to his lack of a post game. If the Bobcats want a center, they need to draft Ezeli or Melo; or just sign one in free agency.

Mullens, Plumlee, and Diop isn't going to get the job done.

My point about this is if you take Robinson at 4 then Bismack against my better judgement will move to C.

Mullens plays more like a 4 anyway. Now if you take Barnes at 4 I'll go with a big at 24 and 3 point shooter in the 2nd round.

This has NOTHING to do for my hatred of dook, but Miles Plumlee will not be a good NBA player.

Mason on the other hand..I think he has a very solid NBA career if Coach K hasnt ruined him. I swear that dude would be on fire last season and K would have the guys start jacking 3's.

We will see when he has a solid Career as a back-up role player.

Guest herpes

As long as we avoid Robinson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Rivers, Sullinger, Melo, Plumlee, & 7ft white Europeans I will be happy.

Archived