• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Gordon traded to Charlotte

Dpantherman

Guest herpes

i am surprised so many people think we are going to take barnes. its going to be robinson.

That would be idiotic. We drafted a PF last year with our top pick. Biyombo is better than T-Rob & neither are a center. We still need more scorers & we have no SF.

If we draft MKG and Barnes blows up in the pros we are going to look foolish.

I hope we are really down to Robinson or Barnes since Beal is off the table.

why is Beal off the table? We can draft him at 2, and dangle him in front of the 2 teams that want him as

trade bait...might get a better deal that way.

Guest herpes

why is Beal off the table? We can draft him at 2, and dangle him in front of the 2 teams that want him as

trade bait...might get a better deal that way.

Or WAS drafts Robinson, CLE takes Barnes, & we're stuck with Martell Webster 2.0

That would be idiotic. We drafted a PF last year with our top pick. Biyombo is better than T-Rob & neither are a center. We still need more scorers & we have no SF.

biyombo is better that robinson? uhh, no, he's not. robinson is a scorer. biyombo can play some center. we will have no decent SF but we are not trying to win this year anyways. i understand you are a huge tarheel fan and all, so you are wanting to support barnes but the bobcats won't draft him.

Guest herpes

biyombo is better that robinson? uhh, no, he's not. robinson is a scorer. biyombo can play some center. we will have no decent SF but we are not trying to win this year anyways. i understand you are a huge tarheel fan and all, so you are wanting to support barnes but the bobcats won't draft him.

I'm not a UNC fan. Neither I'm I blinded with hatred towards Barnes because he played at UNC. Robinson is not a scorer in the NBA. Biyombo will have a much better career.

Nothing against Thomas Robinson, but I really hope we dont pick him. I dont see how the Ben Gordon trade eliminates Harrison Barnes. Gordon is a 6ft3 SG. Barnes is a 6ft8 SF. The SF position is now wide open, while we have 2 young guys in the post that we want to develop further in Biyombo and Mullens. Chad Ford COULD be right, but ill be highly surprised if we got Thomas Robinson. To me, its a huge ploy from our organization in hopes of getting a team who does want him to trade up.

At the end of the day and although I didnt feel this way at first, I want Harrison Barnes. Kemba, Henderson/Gordon, Barnes, Mullens, Biyombo is a good core to build around.

LOL, Maybe he can give us on the skinny on the next installation of the Star Wars saga between Bobcats jokes. I just ignored those shots when I read it. I mean, look at him. He's Chad Ford.

Haha, yeah . . . He's not a super impressive man. But seriously, it's like every NBA analyst turns into a hack comic when talking about us. Just report the trade there, handsome. No need for this stuff that knocks your 26 twitter followers dead.

I am a UNC homer.

Putting McAdoo and Davis in the same sentence is blasphemy at this point.

The reason McAdoo didn't get a lot of playing time last year is because he was basically terrible until the end of the season. He has great tools and could become a top 5 player in the draft next season, but he has a ways to go this offseason.

We shall see once the season begins. I think he is going to be a really, really good player. But he has to grow a whole lot more as a player and play with a lot more confidence before I can begin to see a comparison to Anthony Davis.

I agree. Other than those few highlights posted in this thread, McAdoo didn't do anything but run around like a headless chicken and fire airballs for most of the season.

Chad Ford:

Beal and Barnes are off our board after the BG trade.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...ffle-top-picks

And how exactly does Chad Ford know this?

Why would Gilchrist be on the table if Barnes isn't? It's not like he offers more, unless they plan on moving down to #4 and expect Barnes to be gone at #3.

Sticking to his ignorance about Barnes not being able to do anything but shoot, apparently.

Would anybody be surprised if part of the wheeling and dealing we move HEnderson, now that we have brought in Gordon??

No I wouldn't be surprised at all, I'll be surprised if he's still on the team come the start of the regular season though. I expect them to take a taller SG/PG player with the 24th if they pull off the Cavs trade.

Archived