• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

Maybe. My bro eats around 1200-1300 calories a day. He's lost 70+ lbs. and is still going.

good job for your bro on losing all that weight. Know it can be really hard to make a lifestyle change. For me I'm a small guy with a load of body fat. 5'8 180 lbs is what I started at but in a months time ive been eating 2000 calories a day while losing 8 lbs and gaining muscle also. So I guess it's all relative.

Thanks ladies... I checked out the link Salty posted, as I've been on the bodybuilding forums lately as well, but it's kind of like information overload right now.

I've gone most of life thinking carbs will keep you fat but I calculator I used on askscooby.com (which was popular with a lot of people on bb forums) said I needed to get 2,600 cals a day to get lean but had the breakdown as like 55% carbs, 25% protein, and 20% fat. How can you possibly get lean on that many carbs?

My problem is anything in the 2ks in calories just seems like an impossible amount to eat for me. When I see how much I have to eat for that amount, I have no idea how that will result in my losing weight, whether it's clean eating or not.

And you're right MsPF, I forgot to add the olive oil to my counter last night, but that's the other thing, sometimes, I don't know how to calculate the amount in what I'm eating.

I'm going to the store in a minute though to go get some high-protein, high-calorie choices... Almonds, walnuts, jerky, turkey bacon, cheese cubes, etc. I already have plenty of chicken and salmon in the freezer. I just need to add some more options to eat throughout the day that have a good amount of calories. Oh, and I'm gonna start having a glass or two of chocolate milk to go with all the water I drink. Hopefully, this will bump me up to at least 2k.

Thanks ladies... I checked out the link Salty posted, as I've been on the bodybuilding forums lately as well, but it's kind of like information overload right now.

I've gone most of life thinking carbs will keep you fat but I calculator I used on askscooby.com (which was popular with a lot of people on bb forums) said I needed to get 2,600 cals a day to get lean but had the breakdown as like 55% carbs, 25% protein, and 20% fat. How can you possibly get lean on that many carbs?

My problem is anything in the 2ks in calories just seems like an impossible amount to eat for me. When I see how much I have to eat for that amount, I have no idea how that will result in my losing weight, whether it's clean eating or not.

And you're right MsPF, I forgot to add the olive oil to my counter last night, but that's the other thing, sometimes, I don't know how to calculate the amount in what I'm eating.

I'm going to the store in a minute though to go get some high-protein, high-calorie choices... Almonds, walnuts, jerky, turkey bacon, cheese cubes, etc. I already have plenty of chicken and salmon in the freezer. I just need to add some more options to eat throughout the day that have a good amount of calories. Oh, and I'm gonna start having a glass or two of chocolate milk to go with all the water I drink. Hopefully, this will bump me up to at least 2k.

i mean in all honesty pdiddy, lol ive been eating ice cream, fast food, with also a mix of healthy foods. Im on a caloric deficit and i fit my foods to match my macronutrients and im melting pounds off of me. I have no clue how you got 55% carbs but thats off imo. Im at 30% carbs, 30% protein and 40% fat. But in all honesty i would ignore ratios and just consume 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight, .6 grams of fat, and the rest carbs. changing to a healthy lifestyle is great, but in reality if you want to lose weight the only tried and true formula is eating less calories then you burn. all the other bullshit stuff people say about eating 6 meals a day and eating only chicken, oatmeal, and rice is a crock of poo. You can mix in other stuff as long as you dont go overboard with the shitty nutrition. Stay within your Macronutrients, dont go overboard on shitty foods, eat enough protein, make sure and take your multi vitamins, and eat less calories then you burn and you will be fine.

Just make sure you have a good workout routine.

I wouldn't recommend daily caloric intake to someone if you don't know their weight or height. If you go on a 1000 caloric deficit or more you could possibly end up putting your body into starvation mode. Find out your tdee Diddy and eat 500 calories less then that day.

Thanks Salty. I think the low amount on the MFP app was because of the 'sedentary lifestyle' option. I'm gonna see if I can find another free app on android that is setup better.

This is what askscooby's calculator says:

post-407-0-83209100-1343413726_thumb.jpg

Archived