• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

Hows everyone doing?

My update:

Two weeks since the elliptical was delivered.

Twice a day for 20 mins in the morning and until I cant go on (30-35min) in the evenings.

Working towards the 100 pushup challenge.

1800/day cal diet.

No alcohol.

Very little red meat.

Tracking calories and exercise on livestrong.com

As of this morning -12 lbs and two holes tighter in the belt.

I'm still on it... skipped this weekend to go to Charlotte for the game... but otherwise in the gym 6 days a week for the past 6 months.

Went Monday and pulled some poo in my back doing overhead barbell press... I think it was my lower trap or something in my ribs... hurt like someone had a knife in my back... holy crap. Much better today though, taking motrin and it's no where near as tight... it was cramping yesterday morning, and it almost made me puke it hurt so bad...

I'm finishing up my latest Vitapak and I'm pretty steady at 212 lbs. Trying to do a little more cardio too... I just like lifting too much. I'd really like to get down to about 205.

What is the 100 pushup challenge Inmicus?

Phew, 100 straight would be tough... that's as much of a cardio workout as a strength workout... I think I could pump out 50, maybe...

Two weeks ago my son and I decided to walk/run and workout at home one day and I did 200 in 10 sets of 20 in about 20 minutes combined with some ab work... pushups are a good workout.

I'm pretty impressed with my son too... he's 16, about 5'10" and weighs maybe 120... he's gone from not being able to do 1 pushup to being able to do 5 sets of 10 in about 4 months...

Well ive been stuck between 245-250. Considering I dropped like 30 lbs in 3 months I figured it would continue to drop off.

But it's starting ti slowly drop. This morning I was 242

I'm doing a four day set with weight liftIng and that is working pretty good. Starting to see my delts and traps and upper body transform.

Pretty damn happy about what's to come in the next 6 months.

Well ive been stuck between 245-250. Considering I dropped like 30 lbs in 3 months I figured it would continue to drop off.

But it's starting ti slowly drop. This morning I was 242

I'm doing a four day set with weight liftIng and that is working pretty good. Starting to see my delts and traps and upper body transform.

Pretty damn happy about what's to come in the next 6 months.

What's your 4 day set? That sounds similar to what I'm doing...

1: Back

2: Chest/Abs

3: Legs/Biceps

4: Shoulders/Triceps/Abs

5: Rest or only cardio

The weight will come off... esp if you're building muscle. How much cardio do you do?

I've really been trying to focus on shoulders and legs. Since my rotator cuff surgery, I've had to slowly build up what I can do with shoulders, but I'm really starting to see the difference.

I just simply hate doing leg day... fuging hate it... but I've been making myself stick with it.

Hey Guys,

I have been following this thread, lurking and not posting, but I figured since its slow at work today that I would join in for those interested.

Background: I began working out in highschool for sports..typically doing sport specific workouts. I played baseball and basketball, so needless to say I was all legs in highschool. Once I got to college and was not playing competitive sports anymore (just intramurals) I continued working out, but was burned out on squats, leg ext., and basically all lower body workouts. So i concentrated mostly on core/upper body, while doing cardio through basketball and/or running. After four years of maintaining a weight of around 165 lbs at 6'0 and minimal gains in the weight room I decided to change things up. I am no longer burned out on legs and I wanted to get in better shape even though I was probably in decent shape already.

While being home two months or so i found out my father (who works out regularly) had P90X dvd's. He has not done the traditional P90X, he does a DVD once every other day in an effort to build his strength into one day doing the entire program start to finish. Granted he is 53.

Anyway, I borrowed his dvds. I already had the total gym system for pull-ups and deep push-ups. I live in a downtown apartment with no gym...so I found a great deal on resistance bands on Amazon that were highly rated specifically for p90x (did not want to invest in dumbells..at least not the first time through).

I have not missed a day since I started. Today is day three of phase three and I am on pace to finish October 13th.

The biggest changes so far...

My legs and back..holy frick. My posture is better, my knees (from playing baseball-catcher and running so much for basketball) no longer ache, my ankle (I broke/sprained left ankle in highschool) no longer aches, and I feel better all from drastic changes in my legs. Needless to say, plyo whooped my ass..and still does though I can actually get through it now. I am now a beleiver in Yoga...it was tough at first, but now i can get through about 95 percent of the workout.

I have always had decent shoulders and tricepts naturally..not really sure why, but I'm sure it has something to do with the push-ups regimine i did in highschool and through my undergrad. That being said, I have seen changes pretty much everywhere in my upper body. I wake up in the mornings feeling sore as if I just started which is great to feel.

I will probably take a few weeks after to do the "maintence" program and then maybe do it again, but with free weights.

TL;DR - got frustrated with lack of results in traditional workouts, so i borrowed p90X from my father...two months and two days into it. Feel great, seeing improvements, and motivated to finish the final phase!

thanks.

I was proud of myself in highschool I could do 110 .. which was awkward for me as the year prior I could only do 40 my max on a bench was 180, then I finish my freshman year and im putting up 270. This is with no diet, no extra work , and only about 10 lbs of weight gain. I cannot recall so many people accusing anyone of steroids as much as I was accused other than maybe barry bonds.

What's your 4 day set? That sounds similar to what I'm doing...

1: Back

2: Chest/Abs

3: Legs/Biceps

4: Shoulders/Triceps/Abs

5: Rest or only cardio

The weight will come off... esp if you're building muscle. How much cardio do you do?

I've really been trying to focus on shoulders and legs. Since my rotator cuff surgery, I've had to slowly build up what I can do with shoulders, but I'm really starting to see the difference.

I just simply hate doing leg day... fuging hate it... but I've been making myself stick with it.

That's pretty much how mine is. Just different muscle groups.

I also take a day off in between and I try to do Atleast 30 minutes of walking inclined at a fast pace.

1: shoulders

I give them a day of their own Bc I like focusing on all my excersizes and delts and what not.

2: legs

I hate these as well but I tell myself I have too. I only work them out like 30 minutes tho. Do some leg press, calf raises, toe ups which is basically same as calf raises except using no weight.

3: chest and triceps

4 : back and biceps

I don't really focus on my abs too much. I just do like a couple sets a week where I go to failure. Mainly Bc a lot of my other excersizes flex your abs like deadlift and bicep curls and so on.

But yeah I try to play basketball 3-4 hours 3 times a week and still do some cardio like I said at the gym. But yeah the days I play ball I can tell it helps with weight loss.

I also take one day a week to do plyometrics to help with my jumping and explosion.

So I'm getting close to my goal of 225-230 lbs. I think with my physique and 6ft 3 frame I'll look good.

Oh yeah forgot one thing nc biscuit.

U mentioned u had rotator cuff surgery so imagine u want to build back strength and make it close to as good as before. I personally haven't had trouble with it but I've done some research on the rotator cuff and what excersizes u can do to gain strength and motIon range with it. There's a few videos and excersizes I've found where I lay flat on a bench and use dumbells and rotate your arms toward your chest. It's kinda hard to explain but I'm sure u can look it up. Idk of it actually has a name. But hope u get it back to where u want it bud

Archived