• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

I pulled my groin during Insanity stretches during my 2nd week two weeks ago. So, I took a week off and figured I'd start the 2nd week back this week.

I've yet to start it back, but plan on doing so tonight.

Also, I finally joined the bodybuilding.com forums for some additional advice and it's really helped me to break down things and look at the macro, rather than the micro. I've gotten so caught up in the details that I get discouraged after a week or two and have to realize it's a process to transform back to where I was.

So, I figure if I can lose 3% body fat a month, I'll close to my target in 3-4 months.

I try to stay focused on going and not slacking off. As long as I keep going I'm good... I also try to switch up my workouts week to week. Doing some aerobic/pump classes earlier this week and trying to do higher rep, lighter work with the weights. Also trying to do a lot more core work too.

But, just for kicks... This is why I get so discouraged when start a workout and look in the mirror now...

This was my prime and about 15% body fat ago, lol:

Old.jpg

Old2C.jpg

But, I guess now I should use it as my motivation instead of my source of depression, lol. I just want to get back there ASAP.

That was my other huge problem man. Once I started sitting at home and not working out, I drank sodas like water. I could go through a 12 pack in 2 days by myself.

That was my main problem. Now, I'm drinking about 12 cups+ of water a day but I have to piss about every 5 minutes, lol.

How old are you Proudiddy? Your body type in those pics looks a lot like my 16 y.o. son... he's 5'9" and about 120 now. He's started working out with me some and has put some muscle on... he's not as cut or as big as you in those pics though.

I'll never get cut like that, I don't even try... I'll be 40 next year and I'm nowhere near that lean... but then again I do have 18" arms so I'm pretty big. My goal is to keep the fat off and try and lose what I have around my waist... I'm making progress... I can get back in all my sized 34 shorts easily now.

How old are you Proudiddy? Your body type in those pics looks a lot like my 16 y.o. son... he's 5'9" and about 120 now. He's started working out with me some and has put some muscle on... he's not as cut or as big as you in those pics though.

I'll never get cut like that, I don't even try... I'll be 40 next year and I'm nowhere near that lean... but then again I do have 18" arms so I'm pretty big. My goal is to keep the fat off and try and lose what I have around my waist... I'm making progress... I can get back in all my sized 34 shorts easily now.

I'm 28 now man, so yeah, you're right on... I was around 17 in those pics IIRC. Thank God I took them so I have proof, lol.

My problem is, back then, it felt like I just woke up one day and looked like that. Truth was, I was almost OCD about working out. Every night before I'd go to bed, I did variations of pushups, situps, crunches, back exercises, etc. Everything I did was bodyweight except for curls with 20 lbs. dumbells.

Even crazier, is I had no idea what sets were back then. When I had weightlifting in school, I just did what I wanted to do and ignored the ideal way of doing it. When I worked out each night, I did 1 set of reps until failure for each exercise. I was around 150-155 lbs. in those pics.

In hindsight, I remember being "skinny fat" around 14 or so, and I started doing that routine I came up with on a nightly basis. So, it didn't just happen overnight, although it felt like it. I was also playing basketball everyday for cardio, which made a huge difference in staying lean.

I feel like and even felt like back then, that I know what it takes to get someone from lean to cut, but my problem is, once I let myself go, I had no idea how to get from out-of-shape/fat to lean again.

I think with my body type though, I should be able to easily get back to that physique once I lean down.

at one point i weighed 180 and could bench 250. now i'm more like 190 and i wouldn't dare try anything over 150

but that's more of an injury concern. i'm sure i could bench more than 150, but the risk would be too great in my current condition

i'd do pyramid sets with free weights and finish with a controlled burn on the bench with 250+ lbs

creatine, canned tuna, and i went from 165 to 185 of pure muscle in 6 months

i wish i had the room for a set of free weights now

I'm 28 now man, so yeah, you're right on... I was around 17 in those pics IIRC. Thank God I took them so I have proof, lol.

My problem is, back then, it felt like I just woke up one day and looked like that. Truth was, I was almost OCD about working out. Every night before I'd go to bed, I did variations of pushups, situps, crunches, back exercises, etc. Everything I did was bodyweight except for curls with 20 lbs. dumbells.

Even crazier, is I had no idea what sets were back then. When I had weightlifting in school, I just did what I wanted to do and ignored the ideal way of doing it. When I worked out each night, I did 1 set of reps until failure for each exercise. I was around 150-155 lbs. in those pics.

In hindsight, I remember being "skinny fat" around 14 or so, and I started doing that routine I came up with on a nightly basis. So, it didn't just happen overnight, although it felt like it. I was also playing basketball everyday for cardio, which made a huge difference in staying lean.

I feel like and even felt like back then, that I know what it takes to get someone from lean to cut, but my problem is, once I let myself go, I had no idea how to get from out-of-shape/fat to lean again.

I think with my body type though, I should be able to easily get back to that physique once I lean down.

It's not gonna be as hard as you think... you just got to get started and don't stop. Make a point to work out at least 4 times a week and hit it hard. Start with cardio stuff... walk, run, bike... do some weights, and in about 3 weeks you'll start seeing results and won't want to stop!

you just got to get started and don't stop. Make a point to work out at least 4 times a week

this is exactly what I did...got tired of being Fatty McButterpants...got off my ass, joined a gym and went 4-5 times a week. Got up at 4:30 to be at the gym by 5:10 or so..then back home to get ready for work. it sucked...it sucked the big one..but then I really started to lose weight and ppl were starting to notice..which fueled that motivation train even more

Now, 50 lbs lighter..I'm still working out..and I'm happy..

Just get started!

Archived