• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antawn Jamison to visit

GotSwag?

He was a starter, how are those inefficient points?

Without his 17 points night in and night out, the Cavs don't win some of the games they won last year.

Also Biz can't play center!!!

so....his points were efficient because he started?

let me explain, he takes a lot of shots at a very low shooting % and doesnt go to the free throw line enough to even that out. His game has dropped off dramatically the past two seasons.

here are some stats for you to read before saying comments similar to the above

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamisan01.html

jamison's shooting %s last year: fg:40%, 3pt: 34% , ft:68% - on 16 shooting attempts a game. His True Shooting % was 48% - anything under 50% is really really bad for a power forward.

If we do sign Jaminson, anyone think we wouldn't be drafting in the top 4 in next year draft?

I really thing we could win some games if we do sign Jaminson with the new additions of Gordon and MKG.

But I would want us to suck again so we could have a high lottery pick to make a play at some of the big stars next year for a Noel or Zeller.

i'd rather just tough one more bad season out too, but jamison could be really good for the development of our young players

also biz went toe to toe with dwight howard pretty well all things considered, so i don't know why he couldn't play center, or learn the position.

he's only 19-20 years old after all

I think Jaminson is a lock for us in FA, but would also like to see us play a play for Hickson. Hickson is still very young with huge potential ahead of him.

PG: DJ/Kemba

SG: Gordon/Hendo

SF: MKG/Brown

PF: Jaminson/Biyombo

C: Hickson/Mullens

Great lineup for a push for the playoffs.

Bad lineup for a high draft lottery pick.

I think Jaminson is a lock for us in FA, but would also like to see us play a play for Hickson. Hickson is still very young with huge potential ahead of him.

PG: DJ/Kemba

SG: Gordon/Hendo

SF: MKG/Brown

PF: Jaminson/Biyombo

C: Hickson/Mullens

Great lineup for a push for the playoffs.

Bad lineup for a high draft lottery pick.

What about a lineup of

DJ

Henderson

MKG

Jamison

Biyombo

with Hickson, Gordon, Kemba being the first three off the bench at PF, SG, and PG respectively? My only qualms with Gordon starting is his undersized nature guarding starting SGs..that is all. Also, I think Biyombo fares better against Centers than Hickson. IMO.

You are grading Jamison as if he is your prototypical run of the mill power forward with a great post up game and a lousy jump shot, when he actually breaks all of the rules of your prototypical power forward.

Jamison shoots the outside shot, and that's about it; but he does it very well (something the Bobcats need)

Those percentages should be judged more like a small forward than anything, because how many power forwards are hitting 34% of their three point shots.

Also, his points are efficient because it helped the team win. You don't look at the score and say "hey he scored 20 points on 14 shots, but they won by 10 points; so only 11 of points were actually efficient," no every point is efficient because it helps the team win.

Like it or not, Biz is spending a lot of time at Center next year- not all of his time, but quite a bit of it. There simply arent enough decent players on the roster for him not to

And no offense, but even signing Antawn Jamison the bobcats wont be competing for a playoff spot next year. He might push the team out of a top 3 pick, but I would be shocked if we didnt finish in the bottom 5 or 6 next year even with him

You are grading Jamison as if he is your prototypical run of the mill power forward with a great post up game and a lousy jump shot, when he actually breaks all of the rules of your prototypical power forward.

Jamison shoots the outside shot, and that's about it; but he does it very well (something the Bobcats need)

Those percentages should be judged more like a small forward than anything, because how many power forwards are hitting 34% of their three point shots.

Also, his points are efficient because it helped the team win. You don't look at the score and say "hey he scored 20 points on 14 shots, but they won by 10 points; so only 11 of points were actually efficient," no every point is efficient because it helps the team win.

that true shooting percentage is bad for a player of any position. if you actually knew what it meant you would understand this. it takes into consideration that many of his shots are 3s.

you clearly dont understand efficiency, but are beyond me trying to help explain these things. i get it dude, he is a forward that shoots 3s. the problem is he isnt great at it and thus its not a very good shot for anyone to take

Archived