• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brett Favre to meet with the Vikings

Skew

Jets released him because "he was retired for good." Thus, no compensation, as he is a Free Agent. What a dick move, IMO, but I have no problem with him playing for the Vikes

Should be a good move for the Vikes, but more likely a good move for the Bears... :lol:

Ugh :(

Hate to see this (again) though it's still not assured it happens.

That said, don't be dead certain he comes back and sucks. Word is he's hiring a "personal quarterback coach" and maybe a personal trainer.

If he comes back and plays well, he fills a big need for the Vikes. And with the O-Line, defense and running game they already have he quite possibly becomes the "missing piece of the puzzle".

Were I a rival fan, I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

If he can be as good as he was the last year he was with the packers...minus the playoffs....The Vikes may become the "favorite" pick for the Super Bowl.....

I say he needs to stay retired because it just shows you cant trust him....Jets players even say he was not a team player last year.

I really wish the most overrated QB in history would just go away already. The only thing he has going for him is longevity, which is more luck than anything else. He was pretty damn good in the mid 90s but most years he was just decent. Jeff Garcia has a better career QB rating than him. He has averaged just .1 more yards an attempt than the supposedly noodle armed Garcia. I'll never understand the love fest for this guy.

I’m sort of hoping Brett Favre returns after remembering that we play Minnesota again this year. Not only that, but we play them late in the season, when his arm strength will probably be severely diminished.

Add to that an improved secondary (hopefully), and I welcome the chance to play the Favre-led Vikings.

Wow and I thought Brett Favre could not become a bigger douche than he already was. This is extremely low on his behalf if all this is just to spite the Packers org and their fans. IMO I think he had this planned all along, he didn't hide the fact he wanted to go to Minnesota last year. New york was just a tool to get what he really wanted.

Anyone think the way he's handled himself these last 2 years will affect his hall of fame future?

If someone wants him, and he wants to play, hey, why not? I have never had an issue with his wanting to play as long as possible. In the NFL, if a team doesn't want you they won't pick you up, it's their choice. It's everything else about him that I have little respect for, not that.

Anyone think the way he's handled himself these last 2 years will affect his hall of fame future?

Since he had his best seasons in the last millennium and that hasn't affected all the slurping by the press of his ability now, facts notwithstanding, then no I don't think that will affect it either. Writers select the HOF guys which is one reason I don't necessarily think much of the HOF, much like I don't think much of PB selections that were fan driven rather than player and coach driven.

Wow.

I'm kinda surprised at the lack of Fav-ruh d*cklicking in this thread.

Maybe the football retarded have finally realized this guy is a complete douche.

That said he's better than anything the Vikes have in the fold.....but that aint sayin' much.

I'd love him to play for them, just so some Bear D-lineman can sit on his fat head a few times this year.

That said, don't be dead certain he comes back and sucks. Word is he's hiring a "personal quarterback coach" and maybe a personal trainer.

If he comes back and plays well, he fills a big need for the Vikes. And with the O-Line, defense and running game they already have he quite possibly becomes the "missing piece of the puzzle".

Were I a rival fan, I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

Does no one else remember that doctors recommend he have surgery on his throwing arm bicep if he wanted to play QB again? He decided not to since all he was going to be doing was riding a tractor in Louisianna... is that just going to go away because old gray beard wants it to?

I heard the ESPN PT lady who is very good (Stephania Bell) say this AM that the issue he has with his shoulder would require him to refrain from any type of throwing for only a month or so if he had surgery. She also said, I believe, that what he played with last year isn't something that would significantly affect the ability to throw.

Favre still has a partially torn biceps in his throwing arm, hasn't worked out at all this offseason, turns 40 in October, and lost four of his final five starts last season, throwing nine interceptions, two touchdowns, with a passer rating of 55.4?

^ Don Banks, SI

Well said, Don

Archived