• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamer (The Movie)

WildBill559

Yeah, that's a good call. ;)

I just watched Death Race recently, so the "get x amount of wins and go free" for entertainment seemed familiar. Even the part where they remind the guy about his family for inspiration. The video game connection for Death Race wasn't literal, but driving over weapon icons for ammo sure had a Twisted Metal feel to it.

• 6 months later...

Just finished watching it a little bit ago...wasn't too bad but like a lot of modern action movies, the camera cuts are so freaking fast you can barely see what's going on. That drives me nuts. Especially now when everyone touts how great movies now look in HD. Who could fuging tell when poo is whipping by so fast that you don't have time to really look at it. Even the "Society" scenes were quick cuts even though they weren't really high action scenes. They put a ton of info on the screen, like the screen names which I'm sure were meant to be funny, but damn if you could read more than one because the camera cuts to another angle.

Archived