• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm glad we lost

SIGCHI222

I was soooooooooooo depressed about this loss as it was divisional, first game, etc. But you know what? One of two things are going to happen. We will make the playoffs or we won't.

If we don't make the playoffs, then this WAS the beginning of a frustrating season and this particular game prepared me for it. We will get a decent draft pick and 2013 and Amini can take out a full-page ad in the Charlotte Observer that claims we will win the SB and I will frame it just like Kalil's. My expectations got lowered but Rome was not built in a day. If we don't have enough firepower on this team then get your 7 to 9 wins and draft to your needs.

If we do make the playoffs, it will probably be because of this game. The team was beaten by a foe that appeared to be inferior. We were slapped in the head during a feel-good moment of going camping down in TB, smores and all. If everyone gets pissed and plays lights-out for the next 15 games, it started with this game. If it bothers me and you, how much more do you think it bothers the players?

This is my Panthers team and today was the first step in one direction or another. Playoffs 2012 (which I hope for) or high draft pick 2013 (which we probably need).

Either way, they will be my team next week and they will be my team kickoff weekend 2013.

yea they're your team, they're our team, all that cheerleader blind sheep stuff. I love them to death...

but I want to go to the playoffs now. Next year is just... for Browns fans

Me too. But you gotta take the whole 16 game season. This is going one way or the other, and it started today. They will respond. Let's see what they are made of.

I can see what you're saying, OP. I'm glad we got our egos extinguished early also. It's stupid how Kalil made everyone on the team embrace the super bowl guarantee (because there's no taking it back) even though it was a stupid idea from the start. There's no reason to guarantee anything in this league and this only served to make the players who bought into this guarantee bullpoo cocky instead of confident.

Let's all be embarrassed that our player guaranteed a super bowl win and we got punched in the face in week 1, but at least we can be happy that we got "exposed" early. Right now, we are complete frauds. At least we can put this realization behind us early into the season and we can focus on fixing whatever's wrong as soon as we can. I knew the guarantee was going to be worthless, but I'm not too surprised that it was also harmful.

Rome this, Rome that. Im tired of hearing this every year.

Somehow a team like NE can manage to built 10-15 Romes while we're still figuring how to build ours.

People need to quit finding stupid excuses to use for a loss. Just face the fact that we're a not so good team.

Just stop watching if you know the future. Why waste your time?

Archived