• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to make things more simple for Cam

Dash Global

I was really impressed with the simplicity and effectiveness of the Giants offense.

Tons of quick slants

Tons of WR posts and deep in's (which I noticed they always took inside position to make it even more easier)

Always had underneath routes and check downs

Got the ball out quick.

Our plays are taking to long to develop.The Oline isnt holding up. We have got to start getting the ball out quicker and use more basic effective plays / routes.

I-formation plz, Chud

What did we get Tolbert for? We don't even know how to use him.

Not a fan of the I formation unless you run it with play action

Defense knows you will be running it and will converge on the run with 8 guys for little gain.

Much prefer running out of SG 4 wide. Defense isnt expecting it and they are spread out to defend the pass.

That's the point. Chud is overthinking things a bit. A simple play action out of the I-formation works wonders.

Only issue with that is it makes it much easier to blitz and only have to worry about 1-3 routes being ran for the defense.

You want to attack the entire field vertically and horizontally every play.

Not a fan of the I formation unless you run it with play action

Defense knows you will be running it and will converge on the run with 8 guys for little gain.

Much prefer running out of SG 4 wide. Defense isnt expecting it and they are spread out to defend the pass.

You're contradicting your OP with this post. The Giants ran most of their plays out of I-Form. Quick Slants are most effective, when a QB is under center, because they're more concerned with the run.

It's easy to keep things simple when a defense does nothing to counteract or disrupt what you're doing.

The best thing for this offense? Playing crap run defenses.

There's plenty of teams that find success playing vanilla offenses with the goal of abusing mismatches, reading blitzes, audibling, and exposing bad zone. Not sure why we're trying to solve a rubix cube on offense.

OK listen up guys...

Offensive line... you guys go block somebody, preferably someone on the opposing team

Wide receivers... just run down the field and try to get open... if you're open wave your arms around that should help I guess

DeAngelo... you stand around counting the absurd amount of money we're paying you while adding no perceivable value to the team

OK Cam... Cam man, listen up bro

We're gonna need you to throw the ball to guys on OUR team.... got that?

Don't throw it to guys on the OTHER team.... that clear?

You do that and we're cool

OK... on two... break!

SORRY I WAS BORED

Archived