• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Homeland sweeps the Emmys ...am I missing out?

Dpantherman

Absolutely GREAT TV. Start with season 1 episode 1 and don't skip around. It will mess it up for you. HD is a must for the eye candy. You'll see lots of area places you recognize too. Last year they were shooting the season finale at the old courthouse after, I think, the Vikes game. They wrap in October and it runs through December.

They're still filming??? They know that season 2 starts on Sunday, right?

That's not out of the ordinary. They were still filming certain shots of Revolution episodes two days before that particular episode aired and from what I understand, this isn't that unusual for series. I know this because the pre-production (carpenters, painters, greens, etc) all come into my bar after work.

Has anyone ever run into Claire Danes or Damien Lewis or Mandy Patinkin around town?

I've seen Damien Lewis twice now..once at HT Kennilworth and the other time he was eating lunch at Liberty with the dude that plays David...I so wanted to talk to him but I didn't want to seem like an idiot

My friend has been an extra on a few episodes and even went and played golf with him

another friend works on the set and says that everyone is cool as hell except for Claire Danes who's a complete bitch

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into Claire and Damien -- both were polite (just said hey). Apparently, since she is pregnant, she has been pretty difficult to work with this season, but who knows.

They shot a scene across the street over the summer that hasn't made it into the show yet, and I got to meet Mandy.

Finally caught up on last nights episode. The VP lives in the Duke Mansion off Ardsley and the bar scene was Ed's Tavern -- saw a few of the Thursday regulars as extras in that scene.

• 2 weeks later...

So can we turn this into the Homeland Season 2 thread? I'm finally caught up (started watching the series this past weekend) and I'm completely hooked. So great seeing Carrie's reaction to the validation of her suspicions about Brody this past episode. So where do we go from here? It's hard to see how Brody would survive this season with Al Quaeda in one ear, CIA in the other, and his wife and that look she always gives him. But at the same time I'm not really sure how this series progresses without Brody since the show is basically Carrie v. Brody instead of Carrie/CIA v. Terrorism.

Archived