• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Decent Article On The Cam Situation

SuperMan

I don't think the cartoon itself is racist....

I think the tendency to hammer on a young black QB is tied into race. He is 3 games off a record setting season and his team sit at 1-2 like such teams as NE and GB.

I don't see any criticism of Cam as racist at all. There were high expectations and he ;and the whole team gave struggled). He has some behavior tendencies on the sideline that should be addressed.

Remember, Favre was traded...Elu was bashed in the media...etc.

High profile QB's are always under the microscope and face criticism.

I don't think the cartoon itself is racist....

I think the tendency to hammer on a young black QB is tied into race. He is 3 games off a record setting season and his team sit at 1-2 like such teams as NE and GB.

In some cases that is undoubtedly true unfortunately. Some of the things said about Cam pre draft would defiantly racially biased. (VY and Jamarcus Russel didn't help the situation any)

My only response to the criticism of Cam is you don't see Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady overly celebrating when the game is out of reach and then pouting on the sideline, this it isn't a race issue it is a maturity issue. Ex. Rodgers champion belt celebration.

When Cam gets his ego and temperament in control he will achieve true greatness, mind you I'm not even saying he needs to be humble (lets be honest that wont happen) I'm only suggesting he needs to choose his spots when to be Super-Man better.

How was the game out of reach?

Did you watch the game? I'm fairly certain we didn't score again.

We needed two tds and two conversions, the right side of our line couldn't block a damn thing and our defense couldn't buy a stop.

If you don't think the game was out of reach go take a look at Cams demeanor after the TD.

I would pay someone a LOT of money if we could have one full season without someone on this board whining about race or whining about someone else whining about race.

And for the love of christ why would you create a thread aimed entirely at trolling the one person on this board who you know for a fact thinks everything that has to do with a black athlete in Charlotte is part of the racist bourgeoisie (which apparently has never advanced past the 1850s according to one or two posters on this board) trying to keep a minority down.

There are plenty of football related things to obsess over.

I would pay someone a LOT of money if we could have one full season without someone on this board whining about race or whining about someone else whining about race.

And for the love of christ why would you create a thread aimed entirely at trolling the one person on this board who you know for a fact thinks everything that has to do with a black athlete in Charlotte is part of the racist bourgeoisie (which apparently has never advanced past the 1850s according to one or two posters on this board) trying to keep a minority down.

There are plenty of football related things to obsess over.

You're right I should be the bigger person and not bother.

That said I will make a bet,

If KT never mentions or alludes to race on this forum again I will not either.

I actually agree with most of his posts that are not racially motivated, at times he can be a thoughtful and detailed poster.

You're right I should be the bigger person and not bother.

That said I will make a bet,

If KT never mentions or alludes to race on this forum again I will not either.

I actually agree with most of his posts that are not racially motivated, at times he can be a thoughtful and detailed poster.

or you could just do what most have learned to do and just ignore his posts bringing race into it. eat the fish, leave the bones as the old saying goes.

he's not going to stop trying to go into those discussions. you don't have to respond to it. you just oblige him and, in this case, bait him into it.

if you want him to not make so many race based comments, quit giving him a platform.

Did you watch the game? I'm fairly certain we didn't score again.

We needed two tds and two conversions, the right side of our line couldn't block a damn thing and our defense couldn't buy a stop.

If you don't think the game was out of reach go take a look at Cams demeanor after the TD.

Fairly certain we did not score again? Did you watch the game?

All I'm saying is...there were 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. A lot can happen. I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. It would suck to watch games always thinking we are beat.

Archived