• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This staff loses faith cuts/trades Goodson

Pantherxtreme

The paint huffing is spreading - this poo like an epidemic.

Where does Goodson fit in with this franchise? We already have three RBs who are better than him PLUS Cam competing for carries. So Goodson has made a few plays for Oakland - whooptieshit. He didn't have a place on this team if for no other reason than the position is crowded. I mean honestly - we already have too many runners, what good would ANOTHER one have done us?

I am no great defender / lover of our staff, especially how we manage personnel, but getting rid of Goodson was a good choice. Find something worth whining about to whine about.

D-will is got 20 something million guranteed! He's is no where near that. We have no safeties, we have no 2nd CB, no true no.2 to relieve Smitty from being doubled, no consistent interior pass-rush and these needs have been ignored for years! RB's are a dime a dozen and I promise you we could have found someone to replace d-will for much less money.

D-will is got 20 something million guranteed! He's is no where near that. We have no safeties, we have no 2nd CB, no true no.2 to relieve Smitty from being doubled, no consistent interior pass-rush and these needs have been ignored for years! RB's are a dime a dozen and I promise you we could have found someone to replace d-will for much less money.

Notice I didn't give an opinion on how many RBs we have, how much we pay them, or whether either of those things are smart? Good, because I didn't. I addressed the OPs assertion that getting rid of Goodson tells you all you need to know about this coaching staff. The facts are we DO have multiple RBs better than him and he didn't fit in the climate we created for ourselves. In the climate we have, good or bad, getting rid of Goodson was a good thing. There are lots of reasons to want this staff gone. Goodson is not one of them...and making an assertion that blatantly silly is just...well it's silly.

We can attack them for spending a billion dollars on RBs elsewhere if you want - I'll jump on that bandwagon with you.

Archived