• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud is still the problem

Ruff

I simply answered your question. If that's what you're trying to do, then please don't ask a question that isn't relavent.

(1) I'm sure Cam said with a nod to Shula that his thumb was okay, don't worry about it. He would've called time out if it was a problem. Gotta' treat the man like an adult after all. It was a thumb injury and those always bleed more than they hurt, even paper cuts.

(2) Surprise is the centerpeice of every play. Give the defense what they're not expecting. And IMO that's what they were trying to do with the wildcat. I'm not even sure that Armanti wasn't on the field with that wildcat. I haven't gone back and watched it yet.

If you stop trying so hard to pigeonhole our offense, you just might enjoy the win more. Just sayin'.

Armanti wasn't on the play, came off the field after the pass. (I assume he was exhausted), but that's not the big deal. Why not put the ball into your QB's hands, who just had a huge pass, and let him try to do what he does.

Also, surprise? Is the Wildcat really a surprise anymore? "Oh hey, DeAngelo's behind center. HE MOST CERTAINLY ISN'T GOING TO RUN STRAIGHT AHEAD". I don't mean to sound condescending, but the Wildcat isn't surprising anyone anymore.

And maybe if more people would try to improve, even when we win, then winning would become the norm. Just because we won another game doesn't mean Chud, or Rivera, or McDermott, or anyone else gets off the hook. It means we're 2-6 with lots of room to get better.

Accepting a win and saying to "just anything the win more" isn't going to create a winning environment. Saying things like "our offense needs to improve because we don't have an identity" or "our special teams play is incredibly poor" is going to improve the team, especially when members of the media start mentioning it and asking the coaching staff/players about it.

We as Panthers fans don't need to accept one win.

lol, I would post a umad.jpg right here, but I'd get in trouble.

Instead, I'm going to go on and say that even after today's game, the Redskins are 7th in the NFL in total offense and the Panthers are 21st. We're apparently not even doing the zone read/college offense right.

The only thing holding this offense back is Chud - absolutely! We ran the ball pretty strong on the drive that D-Will scored on - but then never came back to any of those run plays later in the game?

We always seem to start out in a pro set, but after the 1st qtr we end up in a shotgun pretty much every play?

Cam is a threat on any bootleg - did it again today, but we never can seem to "find" that play in a crucial time of the game like late in the 4th to extend a drive?

I just don't get it.

Amazing.

How about the Chicago game last week?

Carolina's final drive...

3rd and 1...

Fate to Tolbert left, naked bootleg right by Newton for 16 yards and a first down...

Biggest play of the drive...

a drive that featured 7 yards passing...

Amazing.

How about the Chicago last week?

Carolina's final drive...

3rd and 1...

Fate to Tolbert left, naked bootleg right by Newton for 16 yards and a first down...

Biggest play of the drive...

a drive that featured 7 yards passing...

That's what he's saying. We have drives like this that are awesome, and the play calling is fantastic. Then we have drives where the play calling just leaves you scratching your head.

That's what he's saying. We have drives like this that are awesome, and the play calling is fantastic. Then we have drives where the play calling just leaves you scratching your head.

For the majority of fans, if a play does not work, it is a bad call...

It is black and white.

Archived