• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dumervil & Miller looking to contain Newton

King Taharqa

is it just me or did we go back to running a bunch of options last game? of course washington's bad defense made it appear that it worked better. We need to score at least 28 to win this one.

We sprinkled it in, which I like. I don't think we should do it more than 5-6 times a fame unless the D shows they have no answer for it.

Do Von Miller get most of his sacks from the DE position or LB position? I know they play a 4-3 so I'm confused.

He gets them mostly from the DE position when the Broncos are in the 5-2 and other nickel and dime alignments.

5 straight losses to the falcons when michael vick was the starting quarterback for starters. jeff garcia carved us up in 2007 and the first game of 2008 as well. freeman didn't put up eye popping numbers as a rusher but his mobility hurt us big time in 2010

we also got shithoused by mcnair and the titans in 2003

O-line has been improving since we got rid of that read option garbage.

I'm interested to see how they hold up.

I'm sure some of you have already noticed that I'm a Broncos fan. All smack aside, I always thought that once the Panthers stopped babying Cam with that read option, the offense would look better. How can they expect him to grow as a QB when they are not only handcuffing him but, the two sick ass RBs also? The way I see it, Cam will experience growing pains but at least it would be in a traditional offense which would help him in the long run.

Anyway, that's $.02 from a fan looking in from elsewhere. Always thought Cam was a beast at Auburn (plus it was fun watching Roll Tide fans cry while he was here) and I still think he is one now. After the game on Sunday, I will go back to silently rooting for the development of Cam and the Panthers but until then, you guys suck. :P

LB, he's a 43 version of Clay Mathews. They said the bulk of his sacks have come from between the tackles, while Elvis' are off the edge.

^ That too. To the guy that asked. The Broncos like to move him around alot. Easily our fastest LB

I'm sure some of you have already noticed that I'm a Broncos fan. All smack aside, I always thought that once the Panthers stopped babying Cam with that read option, the offense would look better. How can they expect him to grow as a QB when they are not only handcuffing him but, the two sick ass RBs also? The way I see it, Cam will experience growing pains but at least it would be in a traditional offense which would help him in the long run.

Anyway, that's $.02 from a fan looking in from elsewhere. Always thought Cam was a beast at Auburn (plus it was fun watching Roll Tide fans cry while he was here) and I still think he is one now. After the game on Sunday, I will go back to silently rooting for the development of Cam and the Panthers but until then, you guys suck. :P

Welcome. As for Cam we didn't run the read option nearly as often last year as we did to start this year. I think the OC out thought himself in terms of staying ahead of D's based on the success we had last season. I do want to see Cam used as a regular passing QB who can also kill you with the run. His fundamentals and mechanics look off, but I can't pick out what it is. As a result he's less accurate than last year.

^ That too. To the guy that asked. The Broncos like to move him around alot. Easily our fastest LB

Like I mentioned I really think Fox would be wise to send Cam after our OG's, one is a rookie and the other is a back up. Use Elvis to pull Gross away and try to isolate Von on the LG who's a better run blocker than pass blocker. Cam HAS to make quick decisions this Sunday.

He gets them mostly from the DE position when the Broncos are in the 5-2 and other nickel and dime alignments.

This makes sense. Not sure if you've noticed but we've actually used TD as a 5th down linemen in a 5-2 defense. I haven't seen it much since Beason been out though.

Welcome. As for Cam we didn't run the read option nearly as often last year as we did to start this year. I think the OC out thought himself in terms of staying ahead of D's based on the success we had last season. I do want to see Cam used as a regular passing QB who can also kill you with the run. His fundamentals and mechanics look off, but I can't pick out what it is. As a result he's less accurate than last year.

That's what I'm saying man! Last year he was looking good with less read option. I didn't understand why the Panthers' OC didn't want to build on that instead of trying to outsmart everyone with a gimmick. I don't watch the Panthers anywhere near the amount you guys do but I just felt like all this read option stuff this year was hindering Cam's development. The 3rd year is when QBs start to put things together and whoever your OC is could have been delaying that development.

Now all of a sudden when you guys played with a more traditional offense against the Redskins, the Panthers looked ALOT better.

They need to get that man some help though. Steve Smith and Greg Olsen seem to be beasting it up but Cam needs more options to go to than just those two guys. Steve Smith can't play forever, although he looks like he'll be fast forever lol.

Eight games into his first season as Broncos defensive coordinator and Jack Del Rio has been anything but bashful about using the full Denver depth chart.

As a result, the Broncos, at least according to some offensive coaches around the league, take a little more time to review because of the numerous personnel groupings Del Rio has used already this season. Sunday, the Broncos even dropped a formation that included seven defensive backs on the Bengals.

That look — with the Broncos moving around the line of scrimmage, players seemingly at every angle — resulted, over three consecutive plays in the fourth quarter, in a false start penalty, a holding penalty on Bengals center Jeff Faine, and Champ Bailey's interception.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21933562/broncos-jack-del-rio-using-full-depth-chart

This is what has most of us Broncos fans excited about the defense. Every game is like a guess game when trying to find Von Miller on the field.

I don't want anybody to take this the wrong way (my posting of the article). Just talking some football. Not trying to seem like I'm bragging about the team or anything like that.

Well, most people here blame the OC for most of our offensive woes, myself included. It just messes with timing, making OL hold blocks longer, RB's wait on Cam's decision, etc.

Brandon LaFell stepped up last season and has had some good games this season, but he's neither the mismatch Olsen is or the explosive threat Smith is. Most people here want to go ahead and draft a top flight WR in April in what looks to be a talent rich pool from which to pick. We will see David Gettis this week after missing all last season and the first 8 weeks of this season. He's a speedster who, as a 6th round pick, outperformed LaFell with Jimmy "the joke" Clausen as QB his rookie year. I'm holding out hope for him, but Cam has to make sure he goes through his reads and doesn't just lock onto his primary.

http://www.denverpos...ull-depth-chart

This is what has most of us Broncos fans excited about the defense. Every game is like a guess game when trying to find Von Miller on the field.

I don't want anybody to take this the wrong way (my posting of the article). Just talking some football. Not trying to seem like I'm bragging about the team or anything like that.

If we had Miller we'd be bragging, it's all good.

Archived