• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Compared RR's record to some past Head Coaches

Carolina Mike

Answers: Remember I was talking about their first HC NFL Jobs.

Coach A: Jimmy Johnson

Coach B: Bill Belichick

Coach C: Bill Walsh

Coach D: Ron Rivera

Like I said this was a small sample. If you wanted to find others you are more than welcome. It is true some HC's never do ban out, however I think 2 years for a team might be a little to soon to call it quits on a guy. If JR decided to fire him and start over again we are more than likely looking at 2 more losing seasons before that ball starts rolling. Not always but more times than not.

My issue with Rivera isn't losing games it is HOW he is losing games. For the last year and a half Rivera has been teaching and preaching toughness. One team one fight but when the poo hits the fan he freezes and goes soft. This team should have a winning record and if the HEAD COACH practiced what he preaches we would be.

I would rather us lose to Atlanta and Chicago by saying. Well should have gotten that 1st done on 4th and inches or Too bad Metlock missed wide right in Chicago. Then to punt it away to a QB that was killing us and through a ridiculous hail mary.

The difference between RR and other coaches is the way he has lost. The Saints time out and opting to try a Hail Mary instead of a 50 yd fg are IQ, or lack thereof, decisions. I'm not saying RR is stupid, but good coaches play statistics that improve their chances to win and RR does not do this.

Archived