• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud as Interim HC makes perfect sense.

Way Truth Life

Never said Chud should be the permanent HC. Fact is the Panthers have given up a 4th quarter lead against Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Tampa Bay and they lost the 2nd half lead against Seattle. Look back at the New Orleans and Washington games and you will see that the Panthers tried to give those games away in the 4th quarter.

So, basically the offense had the lead in 5 games going into the 4th quarter and the defense lost the game. It's not necessarily that simple, but it is what it is. If Rivera/McDermott took care of business in the 4th, then we would be 7-3 and Chud would be a genius again with multiple HC offers.

I just don't want to see dumbass Rivera coaching anymore and most owners would fire him and hand the team over to a coordinator until the season ends. Rivera hasn't earned the right to make it to the end of the year, like Fox did. Rivera has done NOTHING to deserve it.

Firing Rivera and letting Chud take over does a great deal for this team.

1) Tells the players losing is not acceptable

2) Tells fans that losing is not acceptable and management is willing to do something NOW.

3) Let's the Panthers and the rest of the league see if Chud is really head coach material and it doesn't cost the Panthers squat. This alone should make cheap ass Richardson happy.

4) Prevents the stadium from being empty for at least a couple of the last games until we see if Chud is a dud too.

It just makes sense.

PLEASE DO IT RICHARDSON!!

So fire Rivera and have Chud, the main letdown of the coaching staff take over. Makes sense! Wait. Having to make the defense hold leads after the offense staggers off with 3 n outs in the second half just is killing the defense... But then so is soft zone.

Never said Chud should be the permanent HC. Fact is the Panthers have given up a 4th quarter lead against Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Tampa Bay and they lost the 2nd half lead against Seattle. Look back at the New Orleans and Washington games and you will see that the Panthers tried to give those games away in the 4th quarter.

So, basically the offense had the lead in 5 games going into the 4th quarter and the defense lost the game. It's not necessarily that simple, but it is what it is. If Rivera/McDermott took care of business in the 4th, then we would be 7-3 and Chud would be a genius again with multiple HC offers.

I just don't want to see dumbass Rivera coaching anymore and most owners would fire him and hand the team over to a coordinator until the season ends. Rivera hasn't earned the right to make it to the end of the year, like Fox did. Rivera has done NOTHING to deserve it.

Chuds O in the last 5 losses .....averages 13 pts.

Doesn't matter if the D is on the field....they aren't losing these games. 13 freaking points a game is pathetic.

D puts the O in postion to have good games. They don't. They don't score and the D has kept opponents from scoring and set up the O repeatedly.

The offense lost us the game on Sunday.

They played not to lose late in the game and we got what we deserved.

Better then watching Chud get a sniff of a HC job. Chud sucks and is the main reason this team has failed this year and your dumbass wants to reward him. Are you serious?? Is this Chud jr??

I want to fire Rivera now rather than suffer through more of his pathetic BS. We have two options at interim HC. Chud was interviewed and considered by several teams in the off season. We could get a free look at him before we fire him too. It's more the message it would send to the team and fans than anything else. The offensive game plan for the Bears game was the same plan we ran last year and was very effective. He can coach a successful offense if he uses his talent properly.

I never said Chud should be a permanent HC. I just don't want to look at Rivera on the sidelines anymore and I would prefer to let a young guy who has been considered by others as a HC possibility to get a 6 game chance. That's all.

Chill out with the dumbass comments asshole.

I want to fire Rivera now rather than suffer through more of his pathetic BS. We have two options at interim HC. Chud was interviewed and considered by several teams in the off season. We could get a free look at him before we fire him too. It's more the message it would send to the team and fans than anything else. The offensive game plan for the Bears game was the same plan we ran last year and was very effective. He can coach a successful offense if he uses his talent properly.

I never said Chud should be a permanent HC. I just don't want to look at Rivera on the sidelines anymore and I would prefer to let a young guy who has been considered by others as a HC possibility to get a 6 game chance. That's all.

You want to give Chud a shot at HC because he was a head coach candidate last season?

You do realize that Chud has no chance in hell of being a head coach anymore right?

I don't want to look at Chud in Panthers colors anymore but I have to deal with it for 6 more games. So you can deal with Rivera for 6 more.

Do you not notice the players are calling him out??? If you make Chud the interim HC you might as well cut the whole roster. The only message that will send thru the locker room is "we reward dumbasses".

No!! If you make dumbass threads then you need to be called a dumbass. A true Panther fan who watched all the games this season. Would not have Chud and HC in the same sentence. Let alone make a thread about it.

I've watched most games two or three times thanks to NFL game rewind.

I've seen the offensive game plan work in several games and found that Chud actually game plans for different teams and even makes adjustments. I've watched our defense get burned on the same plays multiple times in a game and watch Rivera mismanage the clock along with make horrible 4th quarter decisions. RIvera is not a HC and he shouldn't be allowed to finish out this season.

koolkatluke sounds very cool...I'm guessing kewlkatluke was taken....jackass.

Archived