• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam-only segment on Monday Night Countdown

Summarized:

-Cam knows demeanor has been "questionable" but doesn't know how to handle losing

-Has a high standard for self, doesn't compromise anything. Expects everyone to hold him accountable.

-The flashes of what the Panthers can be are there. More effort needed by everyone included himself.

-Chris Carter: #1 thing that happened, NFL has a book on Cam Newton. It's his turn to adjust. The support system around him isn't strong enough. Take away smitty, no other real weapons. In the NFL you need players who make plays. That's why we're collapsing in the 2nd half of games. It's not only Cam Newton.

-Tom Jackson: If you watch the great QB's in the NFL they eat, breath, sleep the position. Don't know if Cam already does that. He might be, but if he's not living the position breaking down tape, leaving no stone unturned for preparation then he has to be. He has to do more in order to be successful.

-Keyshawn Johnson: This organization is an hourglass right now. No support around Cam hurts. Mike Shula is the QB coach, but his resume is no good. He's never tutored a QB successfully.

-Ditka: Cam has the potentiatal to be phenomenal. He's a great football player. In situations of adversity, you learn a lot about yourself. Now is when you learn what kind of leader he is in a down year.

-Berman: Gave props to Kuechly. It's not only Cam, we have *some* players. The cupboard isn't empty exactly.

Nothing we haven't already talked about here, but if you were driving home or eating dinner I wanted to make sure you all had the Cam segment and what was said. I would like to hear Dilfer and Steve Young talk about him since they were QB's.

I disagree on the lack of talent at wound cam except for Smitty. LaFell is a solid #2 (as good a #2 as many teams have)....Olaen is a very good pass catching TE...DLo and Stew are great backs (both rushing and pass catching out if the backfield).

I think the talent is there, our coaches and scheme just don't use them properly.

Dilfer has high marks for cam... glowing things to say about him. But, "I don't know if he has the 'know how to'" or knows what to work on to be one of the elites. It's the boring stuff that you do better than anyone else. Steve Young says it's the desire to get there too fast. Said his mind got filled up and overflowed, he's physically tied up because his mind is tied up. Common thing to happen in 2nd year. He said 'just go play'. Look for Cam's growth over the next couple of years.

Archived