• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A lot of you guys sicken me

Lilsmitty09

Crennel and Pioli could take a leave of absence. Other coaches and personnel can jump in and take over for a week or two.

Troops die in combat and commit suicide often, troops move on, war continues and the world keeps spinning. The NFL will do the same.

OMFG!!!! Do you really not understand that war and the nfl aren't the same?! The war of course would go on. It's not a fuging game like the nfl! Now I'm really done. Smdh

Yes I am one of the ones that thinks the show must go on. Why not? Are people's lives in danger because of a terrorist threat or severe weather? No, what does postponing the game by a week or a few hours accomplish? Nothing. It would cost millions upon millions of dollars to postpone this game. As much as I hate the Falcons, they are still playing for a first week playoff bye and how is ot fair to them we get a extra bye week before we play them? How is it fair to the Chiefs next opponent?

Maybe at our crap jobs, they would send us home for the day in this case. But this is the NFL. The dude did exactly what Chris Benoit did, killed his loved one and then himself and you didnt see the WWE postpone anything after that happened. This guy made his choice. He chose to kill his girlfriend then off himself, I have sympathy for the family of the GF not the POS that did it. The game, must AND should go on!

Crennel and Pioli could take a leave of absence. Other coaches and personnel can jump in and take over for a week or two.

Troops die in combat and commit suicide often, troops move on, war continues and the world keeps spinning. The NFL will do the same.

Seriously.. how many NFL games have been postponed to mourn the troops who are protecting our very freedom to be able to play NFL games?

What about the fans that traveled a long distance to see the game only for it to be canceled because of this criminal? what about the workers at the stadium that will have to take a pay cut due to it being canceled? What about others that already planned to come to the game? If we cancel the game, we let that asshole win. He has already affected others, we shouldn't let him affect anything else. Let those that were affected take time off and let the game go on.

Yeah fug it, I'm done. You guys enjoy crying up a storm when the nfl delays it, or when cam and panthers make a class act and gives game to the chiefs when it's on the line. Life changing events are more important then a game with two of the shittiestw teams fighting for nothing.

Actually they are playing for somethng, Its called the draft. Im sick of hearing people say "two crappy teams anyway should postpone" ok while your at it how about the Panthers and chiefs just cancel their whole season, afterall its just two crappy teams out of the playoffs anyway

What about the fans that traveled a long distance to see the game only for it to be canceled because of this criminal? what about the workers at the stadium that will have to take a pay cut due to it being canceled? What about others that already planned to come to the game? If we cancel the game, we let that asshole win. He has already affected others, we shouldn't let him affect anything else. Let those that were affected take time off and let the game go on.

THank You! It boggles my mind how narrow minded and short sighted people are that dont look at the picture. If I was the NFL commisioner I would draw a hardline. Games will only be postponed or cancelled due to severe weather or terrorist threats! Isolated incidents should not set back paychecks, jobs, TV contracts, millions and millions of dollars etc

Well apparently you think that anybody who works in infrastructure should not be afforded the same privileges. So you tell me.

if i recall you are the one that made that analogy. and the point i made was that infrastructure JOBS not lives are more important to our country than playing in the NFL. next time please read comments a little more carefully :)

OMFG!!!! Do you really not understand that war and the nfl aren't the same?! The war of course would go on. It's not a fuging game like the nfl! Now I'm really done. Smdh

I do understand because I had a friend blow his brains out in a bathroom in Hawaii on a military installation during PEACE TIME. Guess what? Everyone went back to work and did what they had to do.

What are the differences?

The NFL is all about the bottom dollar. Playing games will make them their money. The NFL will not stop the game because one player killed himself.

The Pioli and Crennel will take the week off and they will get to grieve and take counseling/therapy. The families will grieve.

Are you the one grieving? Ridiculous.

I feel bad for the family of the young lady - whatever "his" problems were, I doubt seriously that she deserved to die.

It sucks for the Chiefs organization, it sucks for the families - but my sympathy for him personally took a big nose dive once revealed that he murdered the mother of his 3 month old child.

As for the game, I'll withhold any judgement on whether its played or not - but then the question arises - when to play it in the future?

Yes, football is a game - but it is a buissiness as well. Tickets have been sold, hotels rented, fans have traveled, a team is traveling. Now the NFL can refund ticket expenses, but they can't speak for hotels and airlines. Whether any of us agree or not, the NFL has a responsibility to those that have paid to see the game.

Flame away, but I personally have been through this - my direct supervisor committed suicide - there were impacts that day, but we continued working as required. Small organizations might shutdown for a while, but some organizations can't.

125 people were killed by Hurricane Sandy - 2 states under National Emergency with millions out of power, housing, food and flooded. Half the NY Giants players with no where to live - but Giants and Steelers still played

This incident is a personal tragedy - not a national disaster.

THank You! It boggles my mind how narrow minded and short sighted people are that dont look at the picture. If I was the NFL commisioner I would draw a hardline. Games will only be postponed or cancelled due to severe weather or terrorist threats! Isolated incidents should not set back paychecks, jobs, TV contracts, millions and millions of dollars etc

This really belonged in the other thread, but some people can't resist the urge of getting more attention diverted to themselves.

Logistically, it's not that different from flex scheduling.

if i recall you are the one that made that analogy. and the point i made was that infrastructure JOBS not lives are more important to our country than playing in the NFL. next time please read comments a little more carefully :)

So then you should agree with me. I don't see what your point is.

It also takes 1 life to fill one job, or maybe two. (until the robo's take over, that is.)

Archived