• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you that want to cut Jordan Gross...

Awesomeness!!

I think he's definitely not the player he was a couple years ago, and if we can restructure to lessen the cap hit that'd be the best move IMHO. He's still a leader in the lockerroom and our chances of getting an immediate replacement in the draft are pretty slim.

Yes it is. Gross is on the down side of his career and it would benefit him tremendously to slide him to the RT position and draft a stud LT.

Is that really doable? I know he started on the right side but to me that is a natural switch. Guys comes from college with a lot of raw power but lacking of techniques. So the run block heavy right side is a fit. Once techniques are polished you are move to the left. Now as he is ageing so starting to lack in power but survives on techniques.

He just does not seems like a fit for the right side at this point.

Don't know if anyone posted this, but here is an idea of how bad our O-Line has played this year, as a whole, Gross definately included.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

When running over the LT(Gross), we are the worst team in the NFL. We are 26th in pass protection, a lot of that would end up falling on Gross. Also 31st in overall run blocking for the entire line. There are a lot of problems with this line, and Gross is definately one of them. You can't just hold on to the past and loyalties without seeing the current situation, thats John Fox mentality and where has that gotten us?

" but I saw some youtube highlights of the Kansas City game and he looked good!!!1 "

- icege

Don't know if anyone posted this, but here is an idea of how bad our O-Line has played this year, as a whole, Gross definately included.

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/ol

When running over the LT(Gross), we are the worst team in the NFL. We are 26th in pass protection, a lot of that would end up falling on Gross. Also 31st in overall run blocking for the entire line. There are a lot of problems with this line, and Gross is definately one of them. You can't just hold on to the past and loyalties without seeing the current situation, thats John Fox mentality and where has that gotten us?

That an interesting set of statistics, but part of me thinks that a lot is lost in their calculations rather than just looking at the raw data.

Running outside Gross between the TE has yielded and average of 3.1 yards per carry, running between Gross and Amini has yielded 4.6 yards per carry. If you think that is down to Amini, then you need to consider that between him and Kalil/Hangartner they have averaged just 2.0 yards per carry. Those two averages either side of Gross combined are by far the best on our OLine.

Archived