• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals: Orlando Magic vs. Los Angeles Lakers

King Taharqa

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Orlando Magic
    • Los Angeles Lakers

No one ever said the Magic had it easy. I picked em to win in 6 games. They still could, but it aint happening. Those guys are starstruck right now they see the white light. Missing open Js, no defense, bad coaching, they got their ass kicked in all fazes of the game. I cant remember the last time I seen a blowout like that in Game 1. And this series is already being officiated as a "finesse affair".

The Magic are a better team than the Cavs, but if they're only goal was to play spoilers to Kobe-Lebron then lay down in the Finals and give Kobe a ring, then they need to get off my TV screen. No one wants to watch that garbage.

Are you kidding? Ok maybe you guys said 6 games ,but you said Dwight is gonna get 20 and 20 on Bynum And Pau. You all but said it was going to be easy. Do you look at match ups? Having Pau, Bynum, and Odom guarding you is going to wear you down. Just like someone already said, that you shot down, he is not playing against 2 80 year old centers and one that really isn't that good. Dwight is that team and when he can't get going they aren't going to get going. It's only the first game though. I don't see them winning this and i never thought they had a chance to begin with but it's still only one game.

This will be Bynum's coming out Party. He played Howard really well last night and had a similar game just shot the ball better. I think he keeps Howard in the 15 pt 13 - 15 rebound area in this series and pretty much matches him pt wise and is close on rebounds in the series.

Stan has to figure a way to get Turk going, he's the magic offense and Ariza gave him a crap ton of problems last night. Same with Lewis, Odom was in the game a lot, which I figured he would be and played Lewis really well. Stan has to figure a way for Lewis to get better open shots or this series will be short and sweet in 4 games.

I have to agree KT, the way they played Cleavland I figured this would be a competitive match up with LA winning in 6 or 7. Orlando looked lost last night. It might still be one, but I don't see it happening. Orlando will still win a game, Probably game 3 in Orlando but that's about all I can see them winning right now.

Ok, this will not be Bynum's "coming out party". Since he will never have one. Yea he held Howard to 12 points, but not like he did it alone, since he sat out alot with his 4 fouls. Odom and Gasol played well when matched up with Howard. It seemed like whenever Howard began to back Bynum down, Bynum would foul him. Howard went to the line 16 times and had 15 boards, that's not shutting him down.

It's one game, the Magic will show up in game two. They may not win it but they won't get embarrassed again.

Tarheel considering two of the Fouls on Bynum were Howard elbows I'll ignore that. Bynum shouldn't have had two of those fouls at all. Howard should have had two more. Everyone watching last night on the Glog on sportsline agreed with that as well. Take 4 of those FT's away and 2 of those cheap fouls that should of been offensive fouls and take into fact that at the Beginning of the game Bynum took it to howard on both ends of the floor and won by a considerable margin. At half time Howard had 6 points and 6 boards, most of that against Bynum. While Bynum had 6 points and 6 boards at half time as well. Played even in the first half. When Bynum went out in the 3rd after the second bad foul call, he had 9 points and 7 or 8 boards and Howard was at 7 and 7.

As for them not getting blown out next game, they will if they can't find someone who can drive to the hoop consistently. LA is too long for Orlando to just fire Jump shots and make them above 35% with out a player being able to drive to the hoop.

During the Regular season that was Nelson, He's not 100 percent and Skip isn't as good at it as Nelson. Turk and Lewis can't do it against Odom and Ariza they're too fast for them to do so. There goes the Magic's game plan, Pick and Roll with Turk and Howard. If Turk doesn't have the room to pull it off, there goes about 20 points from the Magic Scoreboard.

If the Magic can get the Pick working with Turk and Howard it will be a closer game, if not. You'll see the same result.

Normally I would agree. But this one is done X-Clown. Phil Jackson is 43-0 when he takes Game 1. Magic are playing to prevent a sweep now. Their franchise still has never won a Finals game. Yall ever heard of that doo *** group The Platters? Great group, they got a song called "The Great Pretender", thats what the Magic looked like last night.

I wouldn't be so sure just yet. Who knows, maybe all the ripping by the media and fans and all the people throwing out the Phil Jackson stats serve as a wake up call to them in Game 2. And of course it would help if some of those 3's would start going in. I just know that the Magic looked clueless at times against the Celtics and even the Cavs (see the 1st half of Game 1) and then they regrouped.

Archived