• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam breaking habbit?

Not saying cam is selfish, but knowing his abilities, and his past coaches must have used him in a lot of ball carry situations. Could this be a reflect of our run game and PARTIALLY not the coaches play calling, and OLINE? Muscle memory is tough to break especially when raw, and in the second year of a qb. There have been moments of hesitation of cam holding the ball to long in the RB's belly. Now it seems Cam has grown more custom to letting the RB's run. Thus, maturing in a PRO offense?

Not saying cam is selfish, but knowing his abilities, and his past coaches must have used him in a lot of ball carry situations. Could this be a reflect of our run game and PARTIALLY not the coaches play calling, and OLINE? Muscle memory is tough to break especially when raw, and in the second year of a qb. There have been moments of hesitation of cam holding the ball to long in the RB's belly. Now it seems Cam has grown more custom to letting the RB's run. Thus, maturing in a PRO offense?

It's called a read option.

That said, don't make another thread.

Cam was taking too long to make some of his reads. No that he wanted to run it himself, but he wasn't making quick decisions. Now he is.

It helps when you don't run it as often as well.

When Cam is looking at the 'read' this the 'zone read' i keep hearing about?

excuse me. i dont know much about football. what is so bad about posting a damn question?

Well, there has been about 10 billion threads about the option so I figured you would have picked up on what one is by now.

You're asking whether it's Cam's fault for keeping the ball and running when he pulls it back from the RB instead of play calling and the answer is no. It's a called play called an "option", and more specifically a "read option". On the more basic read option Cam has the option of handing off to the RB or keeping it himself and the decision is a quick one based on how the defense has reacted.

I could go into a more in depth explanation, including our triple read option plays, but this should give you a better idea.

When Cam is looking at the 'read' this the 'zone read' i keep hearing about?

exactly, the term "read option" refers to the idea that the decision is based on an actual "read" of the defense by the QB and he picks his "option" of what to do with the ball based on said read.

You're asking whether it's Cam's fault for keeping the ball and running when he pulls it back from the RB instead of play calling and the answer is no. It's a called play called an "option", and more specifically a "read option". On the more basic read option Cam has the option of handing off to the RB or keeping it himself and the decision is a quick one based on how the defense has reacted.

I could go into a more in depth explanation, including our triple read option plays, but this should give you a better idea.

This is what I meant. Because this is the option this has stunt Cams growth. Did biggest play asset basically stunt his growth in the running game?

They dont like new people on here...

We love new people, unfortunately you have to start off strong. Making an OP with no football knowledge that's compounded with an absolutely atrocious grasp of the English language is rather off putting for a lot of people around here.

We love new people, unfortunately you have to start off strong. Making an OP with no football knowledge that's compounded with an absolutely atrocious grasp of the English language is rather off putting for a lot of people around here.

again with the personal attack. what is so wrong coming to a football forum and asking a simple question and asking some one with knowledge about football? is this not a carolina panthers forum? and please spare the attack on the grammaaaarr.

Archived