• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yet another Chip Kelly source/rumor

Dpantherman

When Chip Kelly was at New Hampshire they had the best D1AA qb and led the nation in passing. When he came to Oregon they had Stewart and Dennis Dixon and they became the best rushing team in the country. People who focus on his scheme and call it a gimmick are missing why Kelly is such a hot name in the NFL. He'll adjust his offense for the talent he's given. That's not important. What's important is his leadership and management style.

When Chip Kelly was at New Hampshire they had the best D1AA qb and led the nation in passing. When he came to Oregon they had Stewart and Dennis Dixon and they became the best rushing team in the country. People who focus on his scheme and call it a gimmick are missing why Kelly is such a hot name in the NFL. He'll adjust his offense for the talent he's given. That's not important. What's important is his leadership and management style.

this.

thats why i want him. besides him being a great offensive mind i believe in his ablility to lead teams and take over the lockerroom. i hope we land him. we need a big name coach to take us to the next level.

The way I see Chip Kelly running an NFL offense is similar to what the Broncos do now and the Colts did with Peyton as well, except the only difference being that audibles will come from sideline instead of the QB (at least initially).

Quick calls, get to the line, force defenses to show their hand early, and react to what the defense is showing (or pretending to show). That basic concept will work on any level.

Hopefully he doesn't run the same offense as he did in college because there is too much east west running plays which does not work in the NFL. But if he makes the proper adjustments and hastens the pace, I am all for it.

I do think Chip Kelly will be our next HC. I think we finish 6-10, Rivera is fired, and JR brings in Kelly.

I am not thrilled about it. I'd rather have someone proven. It reminds me of when Cleveland brought in Butch Davis from Miami. Ultimately, Davis energized the Browns and went 7-9 before going 9-7 and losing in the wildcard playoffs but proved that he was not the answer to win HUGE games and the franchise was set back. I could see that here. I would rather have a guy with experience at the NFL level more qualified than Rivera. A guy we turn into a great. Mike Zimmer perhaps.

Or how about Chip Kelly goes back to school one more year, we give Rivera another year. He takes us to the playoffs we know Rovera is the guy and we keep him, if not then Kelly will for sure want to coach in the NFL in 2014, we fire Rivera and Kelly will be hired

Kelly is leaving now. With the NCAA coming down on the program, board memebers telling him theyd be fine if he was gone...hes jumping ship. I want the panthers to be there to catch him when he jumps

Archived