• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last time we picked 14th

SIGCHI222

trade down a few spots and pick up barret jones? he can play guard or center...if center, then maybe we can trade kalil for a 4th...kalil is a top 5 center when healthy, someone would pick his contract up for that i imagine...if not, we cut him and fill another hole in f/a. not a bama homer or nothing, just think warmack and jones got some serious skillz, both seem like a sure thing to me.

yeah, TD for sure put in the work this year...i just cant shake the feeling that his knee could go at any moment...hopefully he can hold up and be a stopgap until next years offseason or the year after and we can get a 2nd or 3rd round WLB in an upcoming draft. TD played his arse off all year though, was as dominate this year as i think ive seen him his whole career!

trade down a few spots and pick up barret jones? he can play guard or center...if center, then maybe we can trade kalil for a 4th...kalil is a top 5 center when healthy, someone would pick his contract up for that i imagine...if not, we cut him and fill another hole in f/a.

This makes no sense.

You say we have a top 5 center, so why would we trade him for a 4th round pick or cut him?

Lunacy.

Anyone that watched Cam get beat all to hell this year and still wants to draft any other position than an offensive lineman in the first round should have their Huddle posting privileges revoked.

lmao, i feel ya!! i definately dont wanna see cam limping around in his first playoff game like andre3000...uh, er, rg3. i dont see how rg3 will ever be the same...would absolutely break my heart if we didnt attempt to completely shore up our oline and something GOD awful like that happens to cam and he never got to fully reach his potential...i would never forgive the organization! cam is a once a generation type player, potentially once in a lifetime type player...i think we gotta do what we gotta do to ensure his saftey above all else. the last game against the raiders left a super sour taste in my mouth, dont ever wanna see cam wince in "sack" pain again! cam can win with only "good" players around him, but he needs "star" blockers to ensure he stays healthy...once the oline is in place in the next couple of years, we can start investing in some sexier picks and f/a's if necessary. patience...i can wait another season or two before we dominate, as long as im sure we are doing what we can to build a dynasty!

This makes no sense.

You say we have a top 5 center, so why would we trade him for a 4th round pick or cut him?

Lunacy.

im obviously no expert, but when you can free up a player that is the highest paid at his position in the history of the nfl (kalil) and replace him with a guy that is not far off from being as good with a poo ton more tread left on his tires (jones) for a fraction of the price, i just dont see the lunacy of it. i would rather have an alternative center with just as much potential and have a poo load of cash to sign a saftey, dt, cb, wr, ect...somebody that is at least an upgrade and can start for us. im not sure how much money it would free up, so it may not be worth it, then you play jones at guard, which would be an upgrade over anything we got now, at least until silatolu reaches his potential. lunacy, really? hell, barrett jones will probably be a top 10 center from the second he steps on an nfl field, top 5 in 2 seasons...just my opinion though. for the record, kalil got paid more than any other center this season...he only played 5 games.

im obviously no expert, but when you can free up a player that is the highest paid at his position in the history of the nfl (kalil) and replace him with a guy that is not far off from being as good with a poo ton more tread left on his tires (jones) for a fraction of the price, i just dont see the lunacy of it. i would rather have an alternative center with just as much potential and have a poo load of cash to sign a saftey, dt, cb, wr, ect...somebody that is at least an upgrade and can start for us. im not sure how much money it would free up, so it may not be worth it, then you play jones at guard, which would be an upgrade over anything we got now, at least until silatolu reaches his potential. lunacy, really? hell, barrett jones will probably be a top 10 center from the second he steps on an nfl field, top 5 in 2 seasons...just my opinion though. for the record, kalil got paid more than any other center this season...he only played 5 games.

Not saying hes not worth shopping around (if the price is right), but a 4th round pick for a top 5 center is practically giving him away. By the same token, cutting a top 5 center is just crazy.

Not saying hes not worth shopping around (if the price is right), but a 4th round pick for a top 5 center is practically giving him away. By the same token, cutting a top 5 center is just crazy.

i see where ya comin from, and i would definately hope to get more than that...if i were management i wouldnt take the first 4th round offer, would definately hope to get more (4th is kinda the minimum in my mind). just being the paid so much (more than anyone else at that position, ever), being 28 and coming off of IR after playing only 5 games last year, and considering there is another option for WAY less money, AND considering we could take the money we save by trading him (or cutting him) and sign another starter that fills a hole, just seems like it may be worth looking into. i really, really like kalil, i would hate to cut him...could just play jones at right guard and keep him, but kalil is definately costing us out the bum for his services :(

We passed on Derrick Johnson for TD.

I was furious.

Still kinda am.

You and me both.

For the record -

Good Draft Freakouts

TD over Johnson

Stewart/Otah over Rice(or Forte)/Alberts (lusted after Clady, but alas)

Jimmy over, hell, anybody

Bad Draft Freakouts

Cam over Green

Michael Griffith over Beason/Kalil

He could easily lose the weight on a power yoga program. One of the San Francisco 49ers players teaches the class during the offseason. It would also increase his flexibilty. Both would help his knees, nobody seems to think that maybe the added weight was the cause of the knee being damaged three times. Espn wrote an interesting article about his offseason regimen a couple of weeks ago.

post-10120-0-66775200-1357775376_thumb.j

Archived