• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want as OC? (Poll)

Panthersfan704

Next Panthers OC  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice for Panthers OC

You're crazy dude... If Jackson were to come to Carolina he would finally be able to work with a legit QB and he did a good job with Campbell... And we wouldn't have to worry about "Are we gonna use our $90 million dollar RB's?"

I'd take either Whisenhunt or Jackson no problem

"We'll finally use our expensive backfield!"

Hey now you're catching on! With any luck we won't have an expensive backfield. Once one of those guys is out of the picture, and we can hopefully rely on our new OC to utilize what's left properly aka using them in the passing game and giving them just enough carries to keep the defense honest against our primary method of attack-passing the football.

Saying "we'll ground and pound baby" is exactly the reason why Jackson is off putting.

Yeah maybe Cam will get 3000 yards and 20 TD's!! Woo-hoo!!

Oh come on..

It's also important to mention the Raiders went 8-8 the next year in 2011 with Hue Jackson in the head coaching role with Carson fugging Palmer at quarterback. They fired him and promptly went 4-12 this past year. Go figure.

Oh come on..

It's also important to mention the Raiders went 8-8 the next year in 2011 with Hue Jackson in the head coaching role with Carson fugging Palmer at quarterback. They fired him and promptly went 4-12 this past year. Go figure.

Exactly. Thank you. Yes. This. Truth. Etc

Our second year QB plays better when the players around him better.

Please do tell more.

The point is building a QB that doesn't have to rely on those crutches to play well. If Cam is developed properly and isn't good enough to lead us as a modern NFL offense, then he should be done away with. Not spending the next 10 years playing each game masking the darting QBs deficiency.

That's called Foxball.

So you basicaly want to be like the Chargers and have a not run the ball and pass all the time? Cam plays better when the RB's play better just a bit of information for you

The only thing relevant about this post is that Palmer's completion percentage and quarterback rating went up after Jackson left. Carson Palmer is an average (at best) starting QB at this stage in his career. The only way your post would be useful to your argument is if Palmer was a good QB whose good play hindered his team's ability to win football games, which Cam has already taught us is an idiotic line of thinking.

Oh come on..

Our second year QB plays better when the players around him better.

Please do tell more.

The point is building a QB that doesn't have to rely on those crutches to play well. If Cam is developed properly and isn't good enough to lead us as a modern NFL offense, then he should be done away with. Not spending the next 10 years playing each game masking the darting QBs deficiency.

That's called Foxball.

I'm not gonna waste my time anymore.. I would like a more balanced offense were as you would like a pass happy offense. I respect your opinion though

Carson Palmer is an average (at best) starting QB at this stage in his career. The only way your post would be useful to your argument is if Palmer was a good QB whose good play hindered his team's ability to win football games, which Cam has already taught us is an idiotic line of thinking.

Well that is it exactly the point then isn't it? Hue only had the likes of Jason Campbell, Carson Palmer, and Kyle Boller to work with behind center. That's a who's who of scrubs there. With simply even above average QB play who knows how successful his teams could have been. I think he could help Cam out tremendously if we brought him in.

Bottom line is Jackson or even Whisenhunt would be an improvement over Chud.

Well that is it exactly the point then isn't it? Hue only had the likes of Jason Campbell, Carson Palmer, and Kyle Boller to work with behind center. That's a who's who of scrubs there. With simply even above average QB play who knows how successful his teams could have been. I think he could help Cam out tremendously if we brought him in.

Thank you again

Except Jackson has not shown any of these things. He did nothing for Campbell when his ancient offensive philosophy should have aided him greatly. Palmer improved once he left with McFadden wrestling injuries again all year.

Jackson hasnt been a great service to any QB he's been entrusted with. Instead, he elects to protect them from themselves by hiding them away and running the football. Palmer may have been average, but his skillset was a perfect fit for Oaklands offense. Jackson just plays old man football, and there isn't anything to suggest otherwise.

Could he adapt his philosophy? Sure. But theres nothing on his resume' to suggest he will.

#1 choice would be Norv Turner because little would change scheme wise. Why mess with success? Cam has been very productive in the system Chud laid down. Seems unlikely since every source I've seen says he's following Chud to Cleveland. The subordinate becomes the master.

#2 is Hue Jackson. Just look at his record...he has a history of success everywhere he's gone. He was cut loose after ONE season in Oakland (in typical Raider fashion) when the team showed a lot of promise. If Jason Campbell doesn't get hurt, Oakland makes the playoffs. (note - if Cam goes down for a season, Carolina is picking #1 overall. Don't believe me? Let's hope we never find out). Don't let the guy handle anything personel related after that Carson Palmer trade, but he's a hell of a coach.

#3 is Mike Shula. Again with continuity. He was criticized for being too conservative in Tampa when he was OC, but that was like 15 years ago. After spending some time as a HC I bet he's learned a lot. And in the past two seasons with Cam, I bet he's got a good idea of what works on this team.

after that...I don't see a really solid choice.

Archived