• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want as OC? (Poll)

Panthersfan704

Next Panthers OC  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice for Panthers OC

Really starting to like Jackson less and less. He done nothing in his career to show he's capable of developing a modern NFL offense. Is it possible he'll be able to? Sure, but with Whisenhunt on the board, he showed during his time in Zona that he is for with building a team that prides itself on the pass.

Turner is obviously the dream, but nothing to suggest we've made a move so far.

lol Shula.

Let me be clear and say that I'm not really opposed to giving Jackson a shot, but what I like about Whisenhunt is just the success he's had having his offenses trend two different ways. It did, obviously, fall off in Arizona when he tried to orientate it more towards the run, but he'll have a QB and weapons here, and he won't be compelled to play "protect the QB from having to play QB" football.

My first priority is finding the guy who is going to further develop Cam into the elite QB-and then let him be that elite QB.

Whizenhunt #1 due to more success as a HC. Took the Cardinals to the Super Bowl and steam rolled us in the process. Got a Lombardi as OC for the Steelers with Bill Cowher. Rivera needs serious help with game management and Whiz could be a good voice in his ear.

Jackson 2nd, Norv if he's still in play 3rd.

I put Jackson as my 1a to Whiz's 1b based solely on experience. Ken was an OC for 2 seasons and went right into a HC job, much like Chud. I don't think he had enough time as an OC to fully develop a philosophy and get so in depth that it became second nature what works and what doesn't. Hue has seven years as an OC under his belt in all kinds of teams both NFL and college, as well as position coaching jobs for everything under the sun for the past 30 years almost.

I would be equally happy with either or Norv.

Archived