• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1: Carolina Hurricanes (0-0) @ Florida Panthers (0-0)

First game of the 48 game season, I'm sure everyone is excited.

#ITSTIME

Go Canes

Depth Chart

Line One: Zach Boychuk - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin

Line Two: Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Zac Dalpe

Line Three: Jiri Tlusty - Jussi Jokinen - Chad LaRose

Line Four: Drayson Bowman - Tim Brent - Patrick Dwyer

Scratches: Jeremy Welsh - Kevin Westgarth

Line One: Tim Gleason - Joe Corvo

Line Two: Joni Pitkanen - Justin Faulk

Line Three: Jay Harrison - Bobby Sanguinetti

Scratches: Jamie McBain

Starter: Cam Ward

Back-Up: Dan Ellis

Although we sorely lack depth, I'm happy for Boychuk. I've been behind him for years. He's finally getting a great shot here. Im also glad McBain is getting the scratch. I still like Peters over Ellis as the backup though. He was on fire last season. I hope Dalpe picks up where he left off 2 seasons ago.

I don't think depth is that big of a problem, really. We have plenty of talent in Charlotte that can be called up if need be. We still need another solid forward or two to really be out of the "we need depth" issue talk all together, but it's not as bad as we may think. I'm more worried about our d-men. If you are scared about depth and ability anywhere in the organization, look no further than that. Our next draft, we need to hit big there.

As far as the game goes, I think we take this one pretty convincingly. Gotta think the guys are chomping at the bit to get off to a hot start, and I think we just have more talent than Florida. Long as our d-men and Cam don't make too many mistakes, we're set for a 1-0 start.

Why are we so determined to put the 2 most physical dmen together and the 2 other scoring dmen together for the top 2 d lines? Why don't we mix it up and have 1 physical dman with 1 scoring dman on all 3 lines?

Honestly, if we're putting our best two physical d-men together...why not on the 3rd pairing where they get minutes with our bottom 6? I wish we would mix it up some. Makes for more awesome plays, but it also causes inconsistency from shift to shift. It'd be nice to always have that blue line threat, regardless of which pairing was out there, while also having that guy down in the dirty areas in our own zone that can grind pucks out and clear the front of the net.

I'm okay with the depth chart as long as it's working, and wouldn't be surprised if it changes a good amount during the season.

A) You're killing us Ruutu.

B) Go Canes! Every game will have significant impact this year - especially games like these against a division opponent.

edit: Didn't realize B ) was an emoji - but that was B lol.

Archived