• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The league's only black OC makes it to the Super Bowl....

King Taharqa

Why shouldn't I care ? Is the fight for inequality limited to African Americans ?

Your "two brothers" comment didnt come off as fighting for inequality. Just using over the top sarcasm to deflect from a serious issue thats being discussed nationally right now because it obviously made you uncomfortable. If a person make a post in the Tinderbox about women's rights or some asian guy feels he was fired unjustly, Im not gonna go in there passionately and lampoon the topic. But that is exactly what you do every time which makes it seem like you have something invested. So again I ask, how does this exactly affect you?

How does it affect you? Have you been passed over for an NFL job on the basis of skin color?

No I have not, I am not an NFL exec. But my nephew who plays QB may decide to become one one day. His son may decide he wants to one day. Just like you and Zod want your kids to have every opportunity afforded to them, so do I mine. Yet you lampoon me when I try to do that and call me "militant" for it. The fact this board has always grossly underrepresented the black portion of the Carolina Panthers fanbase is probably why you share this view. Thats why I stand out on this forum, yet in the real world and other sports forums I go to, I dont.

Where did I explicitly say that ?

You hinted that I just wanted to hire black people for the sake of hiring black people. Which pretty much implied they were not qualified. That was a very self serving perspective Kurb.

Where am I on eggshells ? Why would you assume I was? Am I now considered racist b/c I have disagreed with your comments ?

You're on eggshells because you let white dudes go on long spills about eugenics and whatever jargon was in them threads last week and didnt feel a need to "set them straight" the way you always seem to do with me or even appear in the thread. But let me make a thread about topic currently being discussed and here comes Captain-Save-A-Kurb to the rescue with over the top sarcasm to deflect from something he's uncomfortable with.

What are you even talking about? Are you projecting a preconceived notion about me based on my skin color ? Is a white person banned from speaking on this subject ?

You're the one who implied I was saying just hire black people just to hire them. So you projected a preconceived notion towards me. You put words in my mouth. I wouldnt say a white person is banned from this subject. But on this board its always gonna be 1 (me) against 5 or 1 against 20. There just arent enough blacks represented on this board to get an open honest discussion. Thats why its cheesy seeing a thread that revolves around a black issue (in Tinderbox for example) and not a single black person in there to speak on it. Thats very self serving and "safe" for some on this board.

Who's scared? Does an opposing view point upset you so much that this is all you have to reply with ?

Kurb you run from the topic of race all the time. You're scared. Its OK. You're obviously not equipped to discuss it or not comfortable. Some people fight, some people hide under the bed. You hide under the bed, but thats cool, you're not an AFRICAN AMERICAN so you have that luxury, use it. Maybe if you were an AFRICAN AMERICAN you'd understand hiding under the bed isnt always an option. Im not gonna beat you up about that though.

Nope, Admin.

Then act like it. Why not bring intelligent discussion instead of lame over the top sarcasm?

Nope, you don't strike me as a big fan of those sports, but if you are, feel free.

I'm not and could care less. But if 90% of NASCAR was black and all the owners and people behind the scenes were white, I'd say the same thing, its a modern day plantation.

Oh yes the poor helpless NFL player. Let us lament over their struggles. Tell me How you relate to a young multimilliare, or a struggling practice squad player. You have as much in common with Vince Wilfork as I do with Matt Birk.

I can relate to people assuming Im not qualified for something or less intelligent simply because Im black.

But keep playing, I'm bored at work and can do this pretty much nonstop.

Or until I get bored and lock the thread as it has done what you wanted it to do, attract attention.

You're welcome for that btw.

I notice you still havent commented on the topic at hand. Its hard to defend the indefensible ehh? You're still deflecting.

ya Kurb... a racist? doesn't he have an Asian spouse?!!!!!

Racism apparently can only be inflicted upon black people.

I actually saw an article that said Rivera didn't count as a minority head coach....why? He's a minority and a head coach. Seemed pretty odd.

The worst racism that exists in america today is black racism towards latinos.

and KT, you've been looking for some profound reason that blacks have been persecuted over the years and it's an obvious answer that is the sole motivator for most men regardless of race....

....penis envy.

Your "two brothers" comment didnt come off as fighting for inequality. Just using over the top sarcasm to deflect from a serious issue thats being discussed nationally right now because it obviously made you uncomfortable. If a person make a post in the Tinderbox about women's rights or some asian guy feels he was fired unjustly, Im not gonna go in there passionately and lampoon the topic. But that is exactly what you do every time which makes it seem like you have something invested. So again I ask, how does this exactly affect you?

Here is the trick. About twice a month you start a thread like this. Pounding on some drum about Black guy does this better, white guy isn't that great, etc etc. You thrive, wallow and relish the subject of racism, to a fault You are getting to the point you see it even when it isn't actually there. Up and to the point you are now whining "it's me against 20 other posters! You need to have a look in the mirror as to why so many flock these shitthreads and bait you out in other threads. While I have tolerated and even sometimes defended your points I get tired of it. Every thing is not some vast Rich White Man conspiracy to hold back blacks and before you deny that I can easily pull up every thread you have made and show you post by post where that can be taken out of your comments/threads. Forgive me if I feel the need you call you out on your hypocrisy when you dance a little dance that your president is Black, just for the sake of him being Black. These very actions are counter productive to the very thing you wish to fight.

No I have not, I am not an NFL exec. But my nephew who plays QB may decide to become one one day. His son may decide he wants to one day. Just like you and Zod want your kids to have every opportunity afforded to them, so do I mine. Yet you lampoon me when I try to do that and call me "militant" for it. The fact this board has always grossly underrepresented the black portion of the Carolina Panthers fanbase is probably why you share this view. Thats why I stand out on this forum, yet in the real world and other sports forums I go to, I dont.

I agree everyone should have the same opprotunity, EVERYONE

I have no idea wtf you are even talking with the rest of this. How do you know who is what color, why do you even care?

You hinted that I just wanted to hire black people for the sake of hiring black people. Which pretty much implied they were not qualified. That was a very self serving perspective Kurb.

So I hinted and implied. So you are assuming what I intended ? Please.

You're on eggshells because you let white dudes go on long spills about eugenics and whatever jargon was in them threads last week and didn't feel a need to "set them straight" the way you always seem to do with me or even appear in the thread. But let me make a thread about topic currently being discussed and here comes Captain-Save-A-Kurb to the rescue with over the top sarcasm to deflect from something he's uncomfortable with.
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. As for letting things go on? I banned someone just today for mentioning he didn't like the 13th amendment. Like I said before, my conscience is BEYOND clear on this subject. I'll talk about race and equality with anyone most anywhere. I choose to see people as what they are, not how much light they do or do not reflect off their skin.

edited see above . There just aren't enough blacks represented on this board to get an open honest discussion. That's why its cheesy seeing a thread that revolves around a black issue (in Tinderbox for example) and not a single black person in there to speak on it. That's very self serving and "safe" for some on this board.
How exactly do you know who is black and who isn't? I surely don't.

Kurb you run from the topic of race all the time. You're scared. Its OK. You're obviously not equipped to discuss it or not comfortable. Some people fight, some people hide under the bed. You hide under the bed, but that's cool, you're not an AFRICAN AMERICAN so you have that luxury, use it. Maybe if you were an AFRICAN AMERICAN you'd understand hiding under the bed isn't always an option. I'm not gonna beat you up about that though.

Show me where? Who exactly are you fighting here? Hide under my bed ? Please. You want me to be scared to engage this subject. It makes your propaganda easier to push. The good points you actually make are washed away in the sea of bullshit you have created by exaggerating and projecting racism on people who may simply disagree with part of your ideas.

Then act like it. Why not bring intelligent discussion instead of lame over the top sarcasm?
Have we just met?

I'm not and could care less. But if 90% of NASCAR was black and all the owners and people behind the scenes were white, I'd say the same thing, its a modern day plantation.
I can not think of a more disrespectful comparison than the one you just made. That's disgusting.

I can relate to people assuming Im not qualified for something or less intelligent simply because Im black.
Funny I can do the same b/c I am white. Your responses to many posters on this board over the years could say the same. Or the time me and my Hispanic friend ran into trouble in college with the wrong types over his race, or the time me and my wife couldn't get service b/c she is asian, or the times I have basically been asked to leave clubs because of my race. But YOU stay in your safe box of irrationality that you and yours are the only people to ever have some hardship based on how you look.

I notice you still havent commented on the topic at hand. Its hard to defend the indefensible ehh? You're still deflecting

What % do you want hired as coaches ? GMs?

Diversity is a good thing, I said that earlier.

Caldwell is going to the SuperBowl, teams usually don't wait that long to hire a HC.

But that fact doesn't support your narrative so it is ignored.

I don't know how to fix it. I am a believer of the "best man gets the job" I give zero shits about his skin color. If he is the best man he gets the job.

Your earlier comment made me think of this, Kurb lol

NFL Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders could soon be catching heat for some comments he made on the NFL Network following the Baltimore Ravens securing their place in Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers. The matchup pins brothers against one another — head coach Jim and John Harbaugh.

While Sanders was making his comments, he downplayed the historical significance of the brother vs. brother matchup with a little humor.

Sanders said that the Harbaugh Super Bowl is actually the second “Bro Bowl.” Umm, what? Sanders says that the matchup in Super Bowl XLI between Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith was the first meeting of “brothers” in the big game.

Yeah, Sanders went there.

Here is video of Sanders’ comments on the NFL Network set:

">

Here is the trick. About twice a month you start a thread like this. Pounding on some drum about Black guy does this better, white guy isn't that great, etc etc. You thrive, wallow and relish the subject of racism, to a fault

False. There are topics upon topics started everyday in the main board and in the Tinderbox revolving around race that I never participate in. There are people who've posted here 2 years that have more total posts than me in 9. You only get offended and sit up when I discuss a racial issue.

You are getting to the point you see it even when it isn't actually there. Up and to the point you are now whining "it's me against 20 other posters! You need to have a look in the mirror as to why so many flock these shitthreads and bait you out in other threads.While I have tolerated and even sometimes defended your points I get tired of it.

I'm sure you do. I get tired of people who feel big and bad behind the internet enough to use code words and slurs like "thug" so loosely to vent their disgust towards african americans.

Every thing is not some vast Rich White Man conspiracy to hold back blacks and before you deny that I can easily pull up every thread you have made and show you post by post where that can be taken out of your comments/threads. Forgive me if I feel the need you call you out on your hypocrisy when you dance a little dance that your president is Black, just for the sake of him being Black. These very actions are counter productive to the very thing you wish to fight.

Everything is not some vast conspiracy for black people to take over the world and leave white folks like you just high and dry Kurb. LOL. Jim Caldwell getting a head coaching job doesnt mean Kurb is gonna miss a meal or you'll never work again . Lovie Smith becoming head coach of a franchise like the Cardinals doesnt mean the end of the white race. Its that same kind of paranoia that led to so many people on this site making donkeys of themselves over us drafting Cam pre-draft. What is it I'm fighting for Kurb? Do tell. And why are you so sensitive about me making a legit thread about the lack of black OCs in the NFL given the amount of african american offensive talent that has impacted this game? Its a REAL, serious issue, and you're fighting like hell to deflect brother.

I agree everyone should have the same opprotunity, EVERYONE

they should, but if they don't, lets hide under the bed right?

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. As for letting things go on? I banned someone just today for mentioning he didn't like the 13th amendment. Like I said before, my conscience is BEYOND clear on this subject. I'll talk about race and equality with anyone most anywhere. I choose to see people as what they are, not how much light they do or do not reflect off their skin.

I choose to appreciate all people and cultures. That way I dont have to pretend I dont see them or ask them not to bring up their heritage for me to tolerate them. But I'm a colorful person, not color blind. And I love myself to the point someone else being proud of who they are doesnt make me feel low.

Show me where? Who exactly are you fighting here? Hide under my bed ? Please. You want me to be scared to engage this subject. It makes your propaganda easier to push. The good points you actually make are washed away in the sea of bullshit you have created by exaggerating and projecting racism on people who may simply disagree with part of your ideas.

You sound like a politician. Its not propaganda, the NFL's track record of diversity is abysmal and is just now becoming a realization. There are plenty books and discussions that have been had about this, thats a fact. Just because the Kurb wants to run from things that dont affect him dont mean everyone should.

Funny I can do the same b/c I am white. Your responses to many posters on this board over the years could say the same. Or the time me and my Hispanic friend ran into trouble in college with the wrong types over his race, or the time me and my wife couldn't get service b/c she is asian, or the times I have basically been asked to leave clubs because of my race. But YOU stay in your safe box of irrationality that you and yours are the only people to ever have some hardship based on how you look.

Never said only certain people face hardships. Only speaking on this particular one that you're trying like hell to deflect from. It's like me saying, people die everyday, fug what happened at Sandy Hook. It's an insensitivity that you have Kurb when things just don't affect you but you feel threatened by.

What % do you want hired as coaches ? GMs?

Diversity is a good thing, I said that earlier.

Caldwell is going to the SuperBowl, teams usually don't wait that long to hire a HC.

But that fact doesn't support your narrative so it is ignored.

But teams have waited for that long in the past if its the candidate they want. Diversity is only a good thing on the field of play apparently. The front office and head coaches office, not so much. There's not a set percentage, you'd just like to see the sport get to the point it doesnt need to force itself to interview people who arent born white. You'd like to see the sport evolve to the point its not uncommon or a culture shock for a black man to be calling plays on game day.

I don't know how to fix it. I am a believer of the "best man gets the job" I give zero shits about his skin color. If he is the best man he gets the job.

Yeah, but you're not an NFL GM or owner so it really dont matter what shits you give. This is about them. Or are you speaking for them?

Ask yourself this: Why aren't there any white RBs or Corners?

Take that same logic

Apply it to the question: Why aren't there any black head coaches or OCs?

Done

At one point, the league was mostly all white players, including RBs and corners.

Tell me when that has occurred for head coaches and offensive coordinators and maybe your "logic" holds water.

So should we make a rule that forces people to hire black OCs or HCs? In this day and age, we still have to force people to hire people with different skin tones? We aren't talking about uneducated people here. We are talking about NFL personnel, guys who wen't to college and studied history. We have to force them to hire someone because they are discriminating against other ethnicities?

If this isn't a disciminating problem, then we don't need to make another rule to force people to hire black, asian, and latin OCs/HCs.

Now to actually talk about King Taharqa's question, I think the reason that you don't hear many people bringing up Caldwell is the fact that he has only served up to this point as a member of Tony Dungy's staff for 10 years and never in a coordinator role. His head coaching experience prior to working with one of the greatest QBs of all time, was a 26-63 record and one winning season at Wake Forest in 8 years. Yeah, he got a raw deal from Indy last year, kind of like John Fox in 2010.

But as to why he hasn't been hired yet, he has only been an offensive coordinator for 6 games, one of which was a meaning less game in which all of the backups played (Week 17 against Cincinnati). The offense before the playoffs only had one truly great performance (against the Giants to the tune of 33 points) but that was the week after the Falcons blew them out of the water. Most teams were hiring for their head coach right after the season, before the offense really started getting into synch like they have the last 3 weeks.

If he wins the Superbowl, and does a good job as the OC next year, then I don't think there's a question that he will get another look.

Thank you. Teams want to fill their HC positions now. They do not want to wait until after the SB.

Also, just because Caldwell took over a loaded Colts team and had a successful first season does not automatically make him a great coach. Hell, Larry Coker took over a loaded Miami-Fla team and came one play away from beginning his tenure with two consecutive perfect seasons/championships. If he was all that great it would not have taken him three years to get a job once he was fired and that job would be a lot more premiere than Texas-San Antonio.

Now a much better option for this argument would be Lovie Smith. His only really bad season was his first one. He then experienced a lot of success including four ten win seasons out of eight, took one team to the SB and another to the NFCCG and just this past season was 10-6. Plus, he was not still working the way Caldwell is so teams would not have to wait.

Yea I honestly don't understand how nobody gave Lovie an opportunity since he has all the credentials. If McCoy could get a head coaching job then Lovie should've definitely gotten one.

Hey next year if things don't work out for Ron it would be a good idea to give him serious consideration.

At one point, the league was mostly all white players, including RBs and corners.

Tell me when that has occurred for head coaches and offensive coordinators and maybe your "logic" holds water.

Yeah and at that one point the world was racists as fug... 40-30 years later progress has been made it's 2013 (TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN) not 1970 (NINETEEN SEVENTY).

Archived