• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Obama: "If I had a son, I wouldnt let him play football"

Awesomeness!!

Please don't troll me but brain injury is very serious and today I found out my younger has brain damage and he never played any contact sports. we bump our heads all the time though out the course of our lives and rarely get treatment. Football players invite this trauma. We can all eat healthy,get doctor checkups but how many people get MRI's or a Cat>...on the reg. Not until we start losing our motor skills.

So sorry to hear about your kid.

And to add to what you said, many folks don't realize but a kid's skull isn't fully developed until somewhere in their earily teens. By the time some kids start playing football in Pee-Wee leagues, they are already banging their heads because kids by nature are reckless. This is where the concern of any parent has to come in. Do they want their kid to spend another how many years of their lives doing what they are doing.

I love the game of football but it's a dangerous sport by nature.

If I had a kid he could do whatever hobby or play whatever sport he wanted. Gotta let kids make their own choices, I played football, I ride motorcycles. I think people including children should have fun and not worry about the risk.

Playing football in your backyard is a whole lot different than doing it for a living. When you don't feel like playing on a particular day, you don't have too.

Archived