• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Cooper.

Really talented player. I think he has the ability to play all 3 interior positions. I wouldn't mind him at 14 at all.

This has to catch our eyes. Moving RG to C and then LG. Sounds like a big plus. If I am not mistaken Geofff Hang is a FA? To lazy to check.

What do you mean by ZBS? He's raw, but raw is good right? I hope NFL conditioning would help as well.

Zone blocking scheme, he's athletic and moves well laterally. It'll be harder for him to move NFL DTs running straight at them. Travis bond(unc's other guard) is pure power and could be a steal in the later rounds

Cooper is a very good player, but I'm not sure he fits for us. He projects as a LG because of his more technical, finesse skillset, and we already have Silatolu there. Of course I don't see why Silatolu couldn't necessarily move to RG, but this fact could come into play with whether we would take him. I also think that we may be a little high for him, as even though he's in top fifteen, top twenty talk now, generally that hype doesn't necessarily amount to anything come draft day for guards.

If we somehow managed to trade back into the 20-25 range and Cooper was on the board and BPA...I'd pull the trigger. Then use the extra 2nd or 3rd to address DT/WR.

Smart Idea. To be honest I am content with everything in place. Seems like Gettleman knows what hes doing with free agents and our own players. I would not be surprised if we traded down or some sort.

Archived