• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavon Austin = Percy Harvin

Millions

Guest BlueBoy

Jesus christ, why are you so butthurt about that comment? for that fact, why does everyone get so butthurt around here now?

You know who else stared down receivers badly in college? Cam Newton. he threw a lot of picks his rookie year too. does it mean I said he sucked? no it doesn't. Calm the crap down and get over yourself. And yes I understand the irony of the whole butthurt comment, but I can only handle so much chirldishniss. this whole "I don't agree with you so you are obviously retarded" mentality is turrible for these forums and any healthy debate/conversation people can have here.

The only down side of Geno is he refuses to use his 4.56 athletic ability for fear of being labeled a running QB. It's kind of sad what the media does to the Psyche of young athletically gifted young men. Which kind of work in his favor because he got to hone his passing skill before going pro, so he is now a bigger threat if he runs.

To Cam 's defense, he's been throwing to a 5"8' guy as his primary target.

As for me, like always, I am going to trust that the suits will pick an impact player at 14. If they think that Tavon Austin is worth going that high and is one of the top three WRs in the draft, then who am I to question that? We have made solid picks in the first overall, and Gettleman should only secure that status quo. Now, in regards to the Youtube eye test, I think that there is a good possibility that he could be worth the call because he is a legitimate play-maker---i.e., he is a take it to the house type of WR, smallish or not. My only concern would be his durability, which of course is a big concern. If Cordarelle Patterson is gone to the Jets (or some opportunistic vulture that slides in), I would give Austin a hard look if I was bent on a picking a WR. With all respect, Keenan Allen seems more like a run-of-the-mill possession guy, and I am not sure he would have more impact than Brandon LaFell.

To the OP's point, I don't see him as Percy Harvin 2.0 because he is just too small. I do see him as a stouter version of DeSean Jackson, but if he can play anywhere near Harvin's ability he would be a no-brainer.

BTW, this thread seems like it should be merged with the other Tavon thread.

As for me, like always, I am going to trust that the suits will pick an impact player at 14. If they think that Tavon Austin is worth going that high and is one of the top three WRs in the draft, then who am I to question that? We have made solid picks in the first overall, and Gettleman should only secure that status quo. Now, in regards to the Youtube eye test, I think that there is a good possibility that he could be worth the call because he is a legitimate play-maker---i.e., he is a take it to the house type of WR, smallish or not. My only concern would be his durability, which of course is a big concern. If Cordarelle Patterson is gone to the Jets (or some opportunistic vulture that slides in), I would give Austin a hard look if I was bent on a picking a WR. With all respect, Keenan Allen seems more like a run-of-the-mill possession guy, and I am not sure he would have more impact than Brandon LaFell.

To the OP's point, I don't see him as Percy Harvin 2.0 because he is just too small. I do see him as a stouter version of DeSean Jackson, but if he can play anywhere near Harvin's ability he would be a no-brainer.

BTW, this thread seems like it should be merged with the other Tavon thread.

Agree with everything, except Keenan Allen. Keenan is great at running routes and finding the soft zones in coverages, something Lafell has yet to master. Allen is a heady player.

man hes slow...if that dumb dude would have went for the tackle instead of trying to knock the ball out allen would have not scored lol

never liked him....seems like an avg guy....lol no way is he on desean jackson level coming out.......dudes a chump compared to jackson. :thumbsd:

You must have missed my comment about Boldin running a 4.7. He went in the 2nd round and look how his career turned out. I can guarantee Keenan is faster than Boldin

You must have missed my comment about Boldin running a 4.7. He went in the 2nd round and look how his career turned out. I can guarantee Keenan is faster than Boldin

lol i know im going to do a little writeup on this matter in a minute....speed is not the end all be all when it comes to wr.....guess i just was expecting more because everyone was bragging how he was the best wr.....

not only does he lacks speed but he looks avg running routes to me. he catches very well but does not do much in open space.....but yeah will see how does in the nfl.

Archived