• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Capitals Troy Brouwer takes a shot at Semin, Tim Brent responds

CarolinaPanthers8789

Link: http://espn.go.com/n...otions-capitals

Troy Brouwer:

"It was tough to lose his scoring ability, when he wanted to play," Brouwer said. "But all in all I think we've been doing well without him. ... Some nights you didn't even know if he was going to come to the rink. It's tough to play alongside guys like those because you don't know what you're going to get out of 'em."

Really Troy, you've been doing well without him? In what league are you doing well without him? I find it funny that Brouwer is calling out Semin for a lack of effort when Brouwer was called out for the same thing when he played in Chicago.

Tim Brent tweets to Brouwer:

"I can say on behalf of his teammates that we love having him here, and he has been a big part of our success so far with his consistent play and work ethic. NOT only his scoring ability. I hope he sticks it to them."

That a boy Timmy. I love seeing the team stick up for one another.

IKv5F.AuSt.156.jpg

Buddy of mine was skeptical of Semin. I told him Semin just wasn't happy in Washington. It effected his play. Told him he'd show out and help us BIG time in our front 6, and he has. Brouwer is just pissed that his team sucks and they lost their only player worth a damn outside of AO. Sucks to suck.

I have to admit, I had my reservations about Semin, but he has been better than I remember him ever being in Washington. I know he has put up better #s in the past, but he has been, arguably, our best player this season.

The way he and EStaal push each other is amazing. I think some of Semin's aggressiveness is starting to rub off on El Capitan and we are finally getting to see the Staal we'd always hoped we'd see. There is a hunger in Eric this year like I have never seen before.

Archived