• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staal Brothers Rack Up Huge Accomplishment in Win Over New York

CarolinaPanthers8789

Liam McHugh ‏@liam_mchugh

Eric & Jordan Staal - 1st bros/teammates to score within 1 min of each other since Neal & Aaron Broten (2/27/90) @NHLonNBCSports#elias

Pretty impressive accomplishment by the Staal brothers and the fact that it hasn't been done in over 20 years. I was really surprised that the Sedin twins never did it.

Any who... Go Canes!!!

132803_web_7B3qm.Em.156.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Man.... you all have been ruined by Rhule and Fitt.  Take a moment to look back at areas where we improved and try to grasp on a glimmer of hope and optimism....   Week 1: Sept. 8 at New Orleans  (L) 0-1 I think, all things being equal, we split our divisional opponents.  The Saints are not scary, are not coached well, and are going to get old all at once.  However, being in the Superdome for the first game of the year I lean in to homefield advantage causing us to have a few careless mistakes at the wrong time.  Close game, 27-24 Saints  Week 2: Sept 15 vs. Los Angeles Chargers (W) 1-1 The Chargers have lots of work to do.  This game comes down to one main factor; can we stop the run.  I think our defense, at least at the beginning of the season will be firing on all cylinders.  Close game again, but this time we get the W 24 - 18 Panthers Week 3: Sept 22 at Las Vegas  (W) 2-1 I am a HUGE Gardner Minshew fan, but I don't believe the Raiders are much better than we are.  So long as we don't get beat up by their tight ends all game, I think we should be the better team if we pound the rock.  W - 24-21 Panthers Week 4: Sept. 29 vs. Cincinnati  (L) 2-2 This is going to be a reality check.  We feel good being over .500 for the first time since I can remember.  They are just better.  L - 31-21 Bengals Week 5: Oct. 6 at Chicago (W) 3-2 This is a PRIDE game.  We want it more. W - 24 - 15 Panthers Week 6: Oct. 13 vs. Atlanta (W) 4- 2 This is our turn to get a home W in our division.  Flacons are either going to be pretty good, or a huge bust.  Either way I think they will be susceptible for an upset here and there.  We weren't too far off from beating them last year.   W 27 - 24 Panthers Week 7: Oct. 20 at Washington  (W) 5 - 2  Their defense is good, Offense is a work in progress.... Sound familiar?  This will be bowling shoe ugly but I think we run it better than they do.  W 17 - 12 Panthers Week 8: Oct. 27 at Denver (L) 5-3 If this was at home I would choose us, but I don't see us winning at Mile High.  I will stick with the copy and past analysis on this one.  LSS - we cannot escape our cure of Sean Peyton. L 24 - 18 Broncos Week 9: Nov. 3 vs. New Orleans (W) 6 - 3 Home game, bad team, we win.  W - 27 - 24 Panthers Week 10: Nov. 10 vs. N.Y. Giants (Munich, Germany) (W) 7 - 3 The Giants have an improved pass rush and a rookie WR.  That is their strength.  I think we will be better prepared.  W - Panthers 27 - 21 Week 11: Nov. 17 BYE Week 12: Nov. 24 vs. Kansas City (L) 7 - 4 We'll get crushed, and hit the downward trajectory of our season starting now....  L Chiefs - 34 - 21 Week 13: Dec. 1 vs. Tampa Bay (L) 7 - 5 We are licking our wounds from the KC game and it shows up in the box score.  L - Bucs 24 - 15 Week 14: Dec 8 at Philadelphia (L) 7- 6 I think we give them a game, but come up short in the end.  L - Eagles 32 - 24 Week 15: Dec: 15 vs. Dallas (L) 7 - 7 I want to pick an upset here.  No Dan Quinn, Lots of pressure for Dallas, they have been really healthy for a long time.  But common sense prevails, they are better.  L - Cowboys 24 - 21 Week 16: Dec. 22 vs. Arizona (W) 8 - 7 Get right game, but a tough one.  We need this one to calm the huddle down.  W - Panthers 28 - 24 Week 17: Dec. 29 at Tampa Bay (W) 9 - 7 TB is right where we are.  This is our 50/50 spilt  W - 22 - 25 Week 18: Jan. 4 or 5 at Atlanta (L) 9 - 8 Falcons win the division.  We show improvement from much better coaching and offensive line play.  The Huddle is calms down, but like always is not happy. Full League Prediction: Prepare the poop emojis!!!!!
    • The problem that Bryce faces is his lack of prototypical tools.  He's not the tall, strong armed mobile QB that tends to get drafted first overall.  His game is not played in underwear on a practice field.  His best asset are his intangibles.  They aren't sexy like a cannon arm or a fast 40 yard dash. OK, so we took the lesser athlete.  Bryce put up a pretty bad season with a bad team around him.  The coaching staff, for all it's platitudes, sucked.  They made sure Bryce could run a huddle, but didn't help him get better as a player.  Bad choice. Compare that to what other teams did to their Rookies:  they put them in position to succeed with better personnel and better play calling.  Sure, there are physical differences which are going to affect the outcomes, but you can't change it. Am I trying to ride to the defense of Bryce?  Only a little.  He's my favorite team's QB, and I believe in him.  Now, he's got this year to show that he's "the No. 1 for a reason" (Thanks CJ Stroud).  Will he, won't he?  I don't know at all.  That's on the D&D crew to put Bryce is position to play well.  Running the ball is going to make things a lot easier for Bryce.  Does that discount his success if he plays well?  For some of y'all it will.  Some of y'all just don't like Bryce, like he stole you DoorDash or something. Regardless, let's see what happens in 2024.  If Bryce stinks it up, then we're going back to the QB well again.  
    • we may think we know, but we don't know. we won't know what effect upgrades on the OL, coaching staff, and WR room will have. we don't know what scheme canales is going to put together. we don't know a lot of things.  that's why we play the games...to see what shakes out. plenty of reasons to think Bryce is limited this year...again. Plenty of reasons to see an improvement in his play.