• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan says Charlotte Hornets "sounds good"

Zod

I would support the Hornets more than I have supported the Bobcats if nothing else for the pure fact that you have helped me realize how much disdain that I have for Bob Johnson and the Bobcats franchise as a whole. It should be noted that I still love the players and the actually team, but everything above that has been piss poor from the start. You running your mouth about the racists in Charlotte being the reason the Bobcats failed has help push a lot of people on here away from the Bobcats. So well done, instead of helping your "beloved" Bobcats reach out and bring in more fans, you assisted in pushing some away.

Dude dont give the racist troll the satisfaction

I can promise you when we are the hornets again he'll be cheering for us in his Baron Davis jersey

Ditto.

The HORNETS buisness model should be taught to prospective buisness students on what not to do

Fixed.

Putting a used car salesman in charge of your pro sports teams because they're from the home state is a recipe for failure. In the end, they always stick it to the ones who are most loyal to them. You need REAL business minds that understand business beyond the home market. Hornets fans only want the team to be "successful" in Charlotte, much like the Panthers who dont get a lot of respect statewide. The Steelers have more fans and sell more merchandise in Carolina than the Panthers. The Hornets brand and moniker has failed in 2 markets (Charlotte, NO). I give the Bobcats credit for atttempting to create something new, rather than stick with old ideas that have already proven to be failures.

MJ still hasnt applied for any name change. Just released some new Jumpman drawls in purple & teal for you guys. He wants your money. LOL.

Fixed.

Putting a used car salesman in charge of your pro sports teams because they're from the home state is a recipe for failure. In the end, they always stick it to the ones who are most loyal to them. You need REAL business minds that understand business beyond the home market. Hornets fans only want the team to be "successful" in Charlotte, much like the Panthers who dont get a lot of respect statewide. The Steelers have more fans and sell more merchandise in Carolina than the Panthers. The Hornets brand and moniker has failed in 2 markets (Charlotte, NO). I give the Bobcats credit for atttempting to create something new, rather than stick with old ideas that have already proven to be failures.

MJ still hasnt applied for any name change. Just released some new Jumpman drawls in purple & teal for you guys. He wants your money. LOL.

364 consecutive sellouts from '88-'97 and leading the NBA in attendance for 8 years is a hell of a failure I would love to make.

364 consecutive sellouts from '88-'97 and leading the NBA in attendance for 8 years is a hell of a failure I would love to make.

They also set the record for lowest playoff attendance in 01 and 02. Their attendance also dwindled every year that the Panthers were in town (from 95-'02) to the point they set the record for the lowest attendance in NBA history in 2001 and 2002. Charlotte CAN NOT support 2 pro sports teams at the same time. Never has. In their finals season, you could buy playoff tickets ON GAME DAY at the box office. You couldnt say that about the Bobcats in 2010.

Ditto, Munch.

Not to mention some playoff victories and a global brand. I had a S. Korean room mate in college in 2008 who spoke broken English and was here for a semester studying abroad. He knew about the hornets in SK and it was one of the few things he and I could have a conversation on.

Regarding the hornet colored apparel, I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of Jordans.

They also set the record for lowest playoff attendance in 01 and 02. Their attendance also dwindled every year that the Panthers were in town (from 95-'02) to the point they set the record for the lowest attendance in NBA history in 2001 and 2002. Charlotte CAN NOT support 2 pro sports teams at the same time. Never has. In their finals season, you could buy playoff tickets ON GAME DAY at the box office. You couldnt say that about the Bobcats in 2010.

Yeh, lets not pretend like George Shinn hadn't burned every bridge in Charlotte by that point. Most people lose interest in a team that the owner has said vocally that he wants to move. That has nothing at all to do with the "Brand" and to insinuate that it does is absolutely moronic.

BTW Throwback Hornets gear is one of the best selling throwback products out right now, is that another sign of a failed brand?

Shinn admitted in a public interview ( u can google it) that moving the team was a mistake.

Regarding the 2001 playoffs that KT mentioned - yeah people weren't going because the team was leaving. I don't blame them. What's the point? That series with the Nets was also one of the first times in my life I can remember feeling the NBA is rigged.

Fixed.

Why would you want any team that left your home city to be successful elsewhere?

Yeh, lets not pretend like George Shinn hadn't burned every bridge in Charlotte by that point. Most people lose interest in a team that the owner has said vocally that he wants to move. That has nothing at all to do with the "Brand" and to insinuate that it does is absolutely moronic.

The Sac Kings have been rumored to be moving for about 2-3 years now, their owners had already agreed to sell the team to a group in another state and yet their fans still rabidly support them and come out to the games in droves. And its not like they are a good team.

The Sac Kings have been rumored to be moving for about 2-3 years now, their owners had already agreed to sell the team to a group in another state and yet their fans still rabidly support them and come out to the games in droves. And its not like they are a good team.

What about the Sonics? Texans? Winnipeg Jets? Atlanta Thrashers? LA Rams? Etc

More talking out of your ass I see.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Kings are last in attendance in the NBA this year. 27th last year, 29th the year before that. Is that "rabidly supporting" the team or "coming out to the games in droves?" Try doing 5 minutes of research before making outlandish statements that make you look even more foolish.

More talking out of your ass I see.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Kings are last in attendance in the NBA this year. 27th last year, 29th the year before that. Is that "rabidly supporting" the team or "coming out to the games in droves?" Try doing 5 minutes of research before making outlandish statements that make you look even more foolish.

Lol.

Now he will accuse you of having a confederate flag iPhone case

Archived