• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Media reaction to Star Lotulelei

That moment in the first game when our secondary gets burnt, then again, then again. Why run when you can throw for days?

we ended the year with the 10th ranked defense (or something like that) with a DB squad that's better now (even if only marginally so) than it was back then, and we still have several rounds of the draft left to play with as well as a couple million in cap space.

I get your concern but it's not over yet, not by a long shot.

From what I've heard, they didn't. More than one commentary on the pick I've heard has been something to the effect of "he played a very high number of snaps (indicating Utah didn't pull him out often) which led to fatigue which would explain why some perceive a possible motor issue."

The few games I watched on youtube (all snaps footage of defense, not highlights), he was usually in on 3rd down. Even 3rd and long.

In the presser for the Short pick they mentioned Star and put a specific number on his snaps: 92% of Utah's defensive snaps. So yea, they didn't pull him much.

Archived